Well my first diy so here goes.
- Difficulty Level:
This was carried out with basic tools and equipment ie jack a nice number of very sturdy wooden sleeper blocks. Varying sizes of spanners sockets Allen keys and hammers and finally a little gem the dremel.
To start with with this was done as the offside one had broken
Firstly loosen the wheel nuts with the car on the ground, jack the car and then placed 2 wooden sleeper blocks under the car for support. Yes they hold a train so an accord is no problem.
Then locate the drop link
A little rusty but undamaged .
Normally you would fit an Allen key into the end and use a spanner to undo the nut (14mm) in this case I decided to cut the nut off using the dremel.
Not too clean a cut but then using a hammer and chisel the nut was removed
Then the with a hammer and chisel I removed the plastic pins on the upper joint and removed the arm itself
This left just the upper bolt in place so again with the dremel the nut was cut
A bit better cut on this one. Again using the hammer and chisel crack the nut off and remove the link.Leaving this
Now to reassemble again as I'm only doing one side it's a little tricky but fairly simple to do.
Take the new drop link
Fit to the anti roll bar and tighten the nut up just a few threads.
You will find that it will not align to the lower hole so what I did was replace the wheel just a couple of nuts to take the weight, raise the jack and remove one of the wooden blocks.
Lower the jack keeping an eye on the link until the bottom bolt and hole were aligned.
Fit the bolt and place the nut on and tighten slightly.
Raise the jack replace the support block, remove the wheel allowing access to the link. Take the relevant Allen key I have one shortened as it fits easier than a standard one, and in my case a 17mm spanner.
Holding the Allen key in place tighten the nut(same top and bottom).
The end result
Bottom nut to to tighten.
Finally raise the jack,replace the wheel fully, remove the support blocks lower the jack and finally recheck the link nuts for tightness.
Total time for this was 50 minutes.
The other side the day before took me over 4 hours trying to cut nuts off with a junior hacksaw not advisable if you can afford one get a dremel
It's been a tremendous purchase I even got my HR-V exhaust manifold off and the new one refitted in about 1.1/2 hours.