Body, Paint & Styling 03-08 Accord Hood-Quicklift

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ACC-CDI-2T, Saturday 24th May, 2014.

1. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I hadn't actually said anything yet, but I ordered a set of these a few days ago. I went for the elite too as I didn't fancy all black. I'll do a video when I've got them and they're installed. Long as it goes well, I see no reason why it wouldn't work fine on a diesel as well.

EDIT: For any one else in the UK, I paid £100 with shipping.

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  3. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Thanks a lot :Smile: - perfect, this suits me fine!

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I must admit, you ruined my surprise :Laughing:

5. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Oh, I´ m sorry :Blushing: ... but it looks as we need the same food :Laughing:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah for sure, it's one thing I'm surprised more people aren't doing on the Accord. It's not just the aesthetics, I prop the hood so often will be a major convenience :Laughing:

7. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    I can´t help, but my hood rod often can´t find the hole, when the lights went off ... :Laughing:

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Hah, well it'll definitely fix that problem :Drinks:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What coincidence .. I was looking at those literally very ones a couple of weeks ago. I came close to hitting the buy button but ...

one thing that was bugging me was that, the Accord bonnet (and it maybe a Honda thing in general) has two positions, one default position and one where opens further (almost vertically). This makes doing big jobs on the engine much easier (point to note for you @DeviateDefiant with your pending engine changes).

Also in my garage, when I put the bonnet in the fully open position I get more light shining down from the overhead fluorescent tube into the engine bay again making it easier to carry out work in.

So that's why I backed out of the purchase at the last minute.

PeteMM likes this.
  10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think it was a TSX owners post that prompted me, maybe you saw the same thing? It's funny you say that mate as I thought it too, then again, the bolts can just be undone for the lifter arms if it needs to be taken up further to do work.

I didn't exactly get any information through after I ordered the part, so no idea if it's even been dispatched yet, let alone an ETA.

11. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Had a Tein set of these bonnet dampers on my 2000 Civic coupe. Was really handy but there were a few flaws.
    As mentioned the bonnet didn't go high enough on a few occasions and the damper ends tend to rust
    Also the bonnet would still need to be manually lifted into position (it doesn't automatically lift like a rear tail gate on a hatch back)
    Although these ones may do it.

And when a garage would be lifting the bonnet on the car they would force it upwards quite quickly not knowing that there are bonnet dampers in place.
    I think after experiencing them I would stick with the standard bonnet prop up stick

However they do look cool though. I don't understand why Honda hasn't done this as standard like the VAG cars. My mate has a 2011 VW Passat and once the bonnet is unlocked it can be started with one finger and the dampers do the rest

Pic of the set I had on my Civic coupe way back in the days - lol

093-3_zps4d83c971.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A petrol bonnet does not require to be opened for long, diesel cars well ..Rod works fine for me no wear and tear two postions and it works.