Daily Driver 06 FR-V 2.2 I-CTDI

1st Generation (2004-2011) vehicle added by Bones126, Friday 29th Aug, 2014

1. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Bones126 added a new Honda to the garage:

06 FR-V 2.2 I-CDTI

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi Ichiban, sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Interested in your comment about not dropping FR-V suspension and can't find thread, could you enlighten me please?

Cheers
    Dave

Mod Note: Post merged from another thread.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How are you going to drop the ride height by Honda access lowering kit or just by springs? Either way the rear camber will be way out of spec and will wear the rear tyres.

As far as I know there is no aftermarket camber kit off the shelf for the FR-V you will have to fabricate your own.

4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Was looking at lowering spring kits but not entirely convinced yet as they only do 40mm front and 30mm rear, I appreciate the camber problem for the rear (seems to be popular at the moment though). Reading the thread I thought there may have been a more technical issue i.e. regarding ABS breaking, VDS etc problems that you might have known of by lower the car?

All wishful thinking at the moment though, I want to fit the Honda front lip spoiler but don't want it looking like it's there to take peoples knees out with, so to speak. so think by doing that I may as well lower it to finish the look. Told you I shouldn't have started looking at bling lol.

Thanks for the reply though.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You're not going to run into any technical issues, but you will experience faster suspension component wear due to the extra stress - and obviously the ride will suffer greatly.

Unfortunately I'm not coming up with any results for rear camber solutions either, but Eibach do sell some adjustable "front camber bolts" to sort that axle at the least.

@Ichiban has the FR-V suspension set-up have any commonalities with other models that you know of?

Bones126 likes this.
  6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Thanks DD, If I do decide to go with it I'll most likely replace the bushes etc with new nylon ones etc. Understand the other implications through running RS turbo's in my youth :-/
    I did see the camber bolts etc and adjustable link rods, having raced motorbikes for years I fortunately have a few contacts that may be able to knock something up for me.

Thanks for all the advice and answers though guys!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Bones126 will try to get exploded diagrams of the rear suspension so you can have a look. Baisically camber adjusters are made from stainless steel tube and welded. A lathe shop can make turn both way threads in two peices of tube and then fab aluminium piece with two check nuts. Job done

Bones126 likes this.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yep, the stock rubber bushes take a lot of the initial impact from the suspension - nylon ones again promote further premature wear and a harsher ride :Laughing:

9. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    I know a man for that Ichiban, he used to make my gear linkage rods :Niceone: A diagram would be ace if you can find one, thanks.

DD, good point, rubber probably better as I will be doing it for the look and not handling. Although the lower suspension should improve stability, the wear I'll have to live with and maintain. More reasons to mess :OTT:

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'll save @Ichiban the trouble :Smile:

B__2900.

Aye, I'm not sure myself on the Accord whether I'm going to go for new OEMs or some more solid bushes yet. I've managed to hold back lowering her this far, but I know it's not going to last forever :Laughing:

Auto Ali and Bones126 like this.
  11. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Thanks for the diagram DD,:Thumbup:

As for the Accord, go on, you know it makes sense :eek:

I'm hoping to go for this look Edix7. but with the 17" Honda wheels already fitted.

K24 CL9 GUY and SpeedyGee like this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @Bones126, don't give DD ideas .. he's got other areas to concentrate on first :Wink:

Bones126 and DeviateDefiant like this.
  13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's a properly and sensibly stanced FR-V @Bones126, I'd rock that look.

Aha, yeah as @SpeedyGee hinted at I have a massive project ahead of me and visuals unfortunately have to come bottom of the pile for now. Or the build will never get finished :Laughing:

Bones126 likes this.
  14. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Yeah, thought so myself. Not too over the top with body kit etc and sat nicely, I will keep you posted as we go. :Niceone:

Good luck with the project DD

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Bones, I'm going to go and split this discussion out into a new thread as we're far off topic. You can continue to use that if you like to list updates to the car in the future.

Also if you choose to add your car to the garage, it can serve as the log thread to go with it :Smile:

...and thank you :Smile:

16. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    No worries DD, thanks for the info. Yep a little diverted, sorry :Blushing:

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

No issue at all :Smile:

18. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Started Garage thread, best get busy and find some dosh to get spending and modding :Niceone:

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Modding is a sure fire way to empty the bank account :Laughing: Threads merged.

Auto Ali, SpeedyGee and Bones126 like this.
  20. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Any ideas of the best dealer to go to for the front spoiler, i.e. cheapest? Looks to be around £400 for the genuine part. Was looking for a carbon one :Drool: but only coming across OE.