Queries & Feedback 0W20 for Honda

Discussion in 'Opieoils' started by i-DSI, Tuesday 21st Oct, 2014.

1. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi oilman,

Have a question concerning 0W20 oil for:
    Honda Accord 2.0 i-VTEC (petrol), 2011
    Driven in a very normal way: easy along with the traffic (99% of time), from time to time some traffic jam, and some red line revving.... :Wink:
    104.000 faultless km
    No (measurable) oil consumption.
    Drain interval: according to service reminder system = approx. 14 - 15.000 km.

I do prefer 0W20 oil (this car has had Honda original 0W20 from the beginning without any exceptation and I am and feel very happy with this oil).

So question: on the site I find only one 0W20 oil that is appropriate for road use. Motul 8100. But I can't find the specs as defined by Honda: ACEA A3/B3 or ACEA A5/B5.
    I don't need the oil 'tomorrow' (will need it in 6 months or so), but I want to be sure before ordering. Does this oil meet these specs? And you do ship to Belgium?

Thanks for clarifying.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just tagging @oilman so they get an alert :Smile:

On a side note, why do you want to swap from Honda's 0w-20 mate?

3. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Because my 'supply channel' is dry. No dealers in Belgium offer this (or at a very high price). And as I don't work anylonger for Honda, I can't buy them anymore straight from the main stock.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @Holdcroft Honda should supply you mate, it's only £18 for 4 litres. I'm not sure on the delivery costs and whether it's feasible for fluids, but they do ship to Europe/USA/Australia for members.