Engine & Gearbox 1.6 i-DTEC off the line acceleration hesitance

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Big H, Tuesday 20th Oct, 2015.

1. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.
    My CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC 160 manual EX (with only 700 miles on) frequently exhibits a very annoying delay when I try to accelerate from stop (with the engine running), most worrying when pulling out of side turnings. Usually takes 2 or 3 seconds for the revs to pick up and actually start accelerating, so totally blown my confidence in pulling out when there's oncoming traffic in the vicinity.
    I spotted something similar about hesitance posted in 2013 and related to excessive exhaust gases, so I'm kind of hoping Honda have addressed that particular problem, but that doesn't sort mine.
    Something I'm doing wrong perhaps or a trip to the dealer required?
    I drive in green eco mode, but that shouldn't have such a detrimental effect on performance.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get it in to the dealers to see if they are any software updates and if the intercooler pipe is securely installed, some have the tendency to slip away.
  3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Does it also happen when in neutral and simply revving?
  4. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    Not that I've noticed, but shouldn't be ruled out.
    I'll also review the dashcam footage to see if it shows up well enough to provide a clip.
    I'll get it booked in for a check up as Ichiban suggested, although I saw the hit on the intercooler pipe and had it checked when it went in for the door alignment, so in theory, that should be ok.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Definitely sounds like a visit to the dealer is due.

Has it done this since new, or just started doing it? Only reason I ask is that if you have had the car almost 2 months, 700 miles feels like a pretty low mileage for a diesel.

I assume this hesitation couldn't be an early indication of the DPF being clogged??