General 1.6 i-DTEC or 1.6 i-DTEC?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Wednesday 13th Jan, 2016.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    One being the lower powered FWD and the other being slightly more powerful and AWD.

I had a little play in the lower powered CR-V FWD yesterday and it was actually surprisingly pokey with sharp steering. But what will the traction be like in our crap slippy roads? Also wondering if it will struggle on the motorway.

2. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    I think once you decided on 2WD or FWD the 1.6 diesel Engine version is set for you.

I have the 160ps 1.6i DTEC version with the 9 speed AWD auto gearbox. It is not in any way fast on acceleration and you won't keep up with the sports saloons. At c 10 seconds (Manual or Auto) it is though entirely adequate - just not exhilarating!.

However - it's a CR-V not a SLK and I've been driving through muddy and flooded roads all month and have never noticed the AWD (which switches in and out automatically without any obvious indication or fuss) but equally I've never noticed a single slip, bog-down or wheelspin which come to think of it is remarkable . .

So put the two factors together and I vote(ed) 1.6 160 AWD A few photos attached as vote of appreciation for the C(ountry) R(oad) V(ehicle)

IMG_9050a. IMG_9051a. IMG_9054a.

vincemince and Racy Jace like this.
  3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The AWD does seem to bump the price up especially in higher specs. To keep at the desired budget I can either go 1.6 SE AWD or 1.6 SR 2WD.

Power and traction vs Bi-HID lights, privacy glass etc which are also important to me.

SR in AWD seems to hike the price up but would be the solution. I could always chuck in some of my own money. EX would be nice but not enough over the SR to justify the cost increase. Would be different if buying but not for leasing for my needs.

Thing is there are some pretty slippy roads around here so the AWD would be reassuring. Not sure how the lower power 1.6 will be on the motorway.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The first time you get stuck in snow with the 2WD version, you'll wish you'd gone 4WD. It's a no brainier for me, especially in Scotland.

I've got the SR and it really has more than you need as long as you aren't determined to have leather. TBH if I had my time again I'd go SE Navi, as that has plenty enough spec IMHO.

5. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@ArcticFire Are you looking at buying new? Honda are offering up to 3£k deposit contribution for new CR-Vs on their finance ordered before end of month. New Black edition is also on the way for Feb.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I was about to get a new CR-V next week but the situation has suddenly changed again and I'm back in the BMW. Gutted, was looking forward to the CR-V.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@FirstHonda does the SE Navi models have reversing camera?
    I am looking at CR-V and EX is just too expensive for me but reversing camera is something i got used to and would love to have it on next car.
    Not bothered with leather seats etc.
    If SE Navi has reversing camera i think i will go for that .

8. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Reversing camera is standard on SE and above for the current 2015 model year.

AccordCU2 and FirstHonda like this.
  9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It does have a camera. It's quite well equipped although I was going for an SR as I wanted privacy glass and HID lights.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

As @Lisbon says, the SE has a reversing camera.

For a manual/petrol 4WD CR-V, the list price of the SE Navi (with metallic) is £27.8k vs £29.1k for the SR. Personally, now the SE has fabric upholstery rather than velour, I don't think the extra equipment on the SR is worth it.

Everybody is different though. @AccordCU2 - best thing to do is order a brochure and have a look.

Racy Jace and AccordCU2 like this.
  11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks chaps
    I do have a brochures at home but had no time to read it properly though hence the question.
    No chance i can buy a new one so it will be 2-3 years old that i will look for.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

In which case definitely look for a Black or White edition.

Based on the SE Navi, but with lots of accessories - side steps, rear spoiler, Orion wheels - looks good. But the pre-facelift SE does have velour upholstery, which I couldn't live with personally!

There are a couple in the garage. Have a look.

One for sale here, too.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601120003793?search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=used,nearlynew,new&model=CR-V&make=honda&keywords=Black edition&radius=1500&sort=atcustom&page=1&postcode=NW1 6JL&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...earlynew,new&keywords=Black edition&logcode=p

Last edited: Friday 15th Jan, 2016
  13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Local Honda dealer suggested that there may be a new Honda executive car coming our way. I don't see anything here Coming Soon – New Cars – Honda but I'm wondering if he has caught wind of something?

14. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Just signed up for a 2013 MY (Dec 2012) 2.2 SE with 24 k. Cost £16k minus a good trade in for the FR-V and is Honda approved from a main dealer. The reversing camera was the reason I didn't want the S, oh and the leather wrapped steering wheel - I've got used to that on the FR-V :Niceone:
    Couldn't find a higher spec with low miles with my budget :Sorry:

15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:congratulations:

@FR-V you missed out the most important part...what colour is it?

:Laughing:

16. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    My colour preferences were white orchid, blue, red, polished metal or urban titanium in that order.
    SWMBO hates urban titanium and thinks passion red is too orange so......................

It's alabaster silver metallic! :jumpup: She likes silver :Whiteflag:

FirstHonda likes this.
  17. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

You don't see many in that colour (same as my Accord was) but it does suit the CR-V I think.

Looking forward to pictures...:Smile:

18. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    The reason you don't see many is that they blend in with the thousands of other boring silver cars !
    One thing the big blue Fatty didn't do was blend in :Grin:

FirstHonda likes this.
  19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hey who says Silver is boring ?? :boxing: Roobix looks superb !! :Grin:

Last edited: Wednesday 20th Jan, 2016
  20. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Sorry SpeedyGee, I am not against all silver cars, some look superb in silver - Roobix in particular :Hooray:
    It's just that there are so many REALLY boring cars that their manufacturers paint silver in an attempt to make them look "quality". I reckon half the cars now on the road are some shade of silver :no:

I WANTED A WHITE OPAL ONE :Sobbing:

Never mind, I got the model and spec I wanted at a price I can (almost) afford so can't wait to get it home :Happy: