General 10th Anniversary MOT Pass - What's the Record?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sc489, Tuesday 21st Jun, 2016.

1. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My petrol Accord just had its 10th anniversary service and passed its MOT again. In fact, my Accord has passed all of its MOTs without any advisories. What's the record for the longest run of MOT first time passes?
    Ichiban and legend-ary like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    My 07 has never failed.
  3. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mine passed it's 11th anniversary MOT free from advisories last Dec... But I don't know if they all have as I'm the second owner.
  4. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You can check your car's previous MOT history here

If your car's 11 year history is all first time passes and advisory free then you take the record!
  5. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

OK, I don't win

7th Jan 2008 - Pass
    11th Dec 2008 - Pass
    19th Jan 2010 - Pass
    8th Dec 2010 - Pass
    24th Nov 2011 - Pass
    12th Dec 2012 - Pass
    7th Dec 2013 - Fail - Rear Exhaust system not adequately Supported
    12th Dec 2013 - Pass
    9th Dec 2014 - Fail - Nearside Registration Plate Lamp Not Working
    4th Dec 2015 - Fail - Headlamp aim too high

I knew he'd adjusted the headlight whilst he was doing the MOT but didn't know that he'd recorded it as a fail, and then a pass... which seems daft to me.

But in all it's MOT's it's never had anything actually wrong with it... a bulb, a rubber grommet supporting the exhaust and headlight aim.... only one advisory on all those MOT's too... rear calliper slightly binding... the very callipers I've just replaced.

I'd still call that a win for reliability. :Smile:
  6. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, it's still a good record. I just checked my 1999 T plate 6th Generation Accord I sold in 2002 and it's still going after 17 years with 107k on the clock but with 4 fails and a few advisories. That was a Swindon Accord unlike the 7th Generation Japanese Accords.
    foxleys likes this.
  7. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Sorry to spoil your fun but the records probably over 40/fifty years ! When I was in the trade I was issued an MOT without even taking the car to the testing station !
  8. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    What is a MOT?

Opps , sorry we don't have a MOT (or similar) in Jersey!
  9. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Nor here, we have an ITV test which as long as cars less than 10 years costs about 35€ ands valid for two years ! ( bribes not included lol )
  10. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I started the thread to discuss MOT passes for the 7th Generation. Accord going back to 2003. How is it 'legal' to get an MOT certificate without visiting a testing station?
  11. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Its not, its just the real world, don't get me wrong I don't condone it in anyway.
    I owned my Buick for seventeen years and she never failed an MOT but I recently looked it up on the gov check MOT
    history site and was surprised to see that it passed MOT the first year but on the second it failed on incorrect number plates ( they were black and white ) and on red indicators which it had from new. I guess it was a different testers opinion ( which is correct actually )
    I was just trying to inject a different twist on your topic and didn't mean any offence.
    So obviously non Honda but mines 17 years, I bet that will be easily beaten on here ?