General 12 months ownership on my second Accord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul, Thursday 15th Mar, 2012.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well yesterday saw me clock up 12 months ownership of my second facelift Accord. I bought that car from Holdcroft Honda and after a couple of niggles (which they sorted fantastically!) I've enjoyed the car everyday.

In the twelve months i've had it it had to go in for the exhaust manifold replacing and also the ABS Modulator went. Both items were covered under Honda's warranty and replaced at no cost to me. It had a service in December at Holdcroft Honda and also replaced the alternator belt with the shorter belt to prevent premature failure. It also passed the MOT with no issues (especially no bulb issues).

The twelve month just expired and for me it felt like a safety net had gone. When my car was in for service with Holdcroft Honda they had an offer on a Honda warranty for £249 for 12 months. I phoned up yesterday and took the plunge. They offered me 2 years warranty for £449 (with breakdown cover included) which seemed to make best sense. Hopefully won't need it but always good to have.

In the 12 months I've had it i;ve covered 12,133 miles at an average of 44.27mpg. This mileage and economy will go up with working further (but better roads) so interesting to see what mileage I can put on it. Next oil service due in 3000 miles (Every 6k now!).

Here's to another years motoring!

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Good to hear it's going well...and that fuel economy is something the petrol owners can only dream of.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think that it'll rise over the next twelve months to late 40's. Currently on 550 miles on latest tank (since starting new job) and fuel lights not on yet. Think i might jst get 580 ish before it does.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A stock diesel will always performs & behaves consistently, that is good mileage from a full tank .. and yes headlights working do help in a MOT.

5. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    The extended warranty more than easily pays for itself. And, even if you have a perfect car that never requires repair, it's still your safety net, the back up that ensures you don't pay out of pocket for repairs. On more than one occasion, the extended warranty has saved my family from serious financial difficulties.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Touch wood never had any major breakdowns and never required an extended warranty on any of my Honda's.

Honda reliability for you as standard.:Thumbup:

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As like CJ both my HR-V and my Accord have ran problem free(touch wood). My HR-V recently passed it's MOT with flying colours not bad seeing as it hadn't been on the road for about three months. Not even a bulb gone???

8. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    You all are very lucky. Having owned so many problematic cars in the past (not Honda Accord), I opted for the extended warranty just as a safety net. I've been very pleased with my vehicle so far. Though it is new, no real issues. I'm sure it will run just as well three years from now.