General 12mths & 16K with my 2.4 Tourer...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by moi, Thursday 28th Jan, 2016.

1. moi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gm Gardne Tavistock
    ....well what can I report?Ummm....nothing has gone wrong,it has never missed a beat...averaged 36 MPG...ummm passed its MOT ...doesn't use any oil....ummm still as smooth as silk to drive...nothing has needed fixing...ummm...
    Lord knows why anyone would buy a derv version of this car? Each to their own but still!
    ...only problem is what on earth would one replace it with?

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @moi add your car to the club garage so we can all see your ride.

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

They are un-replaceable.

did a 800 mile round trip to France in my 2.4 tourer. There is NO other car I would rather have been in... and I have driven some top end motors from the Eurobox range.. just not as nice or involving or relaxing to drive as the 2.4 tourer!

Enjoy

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm coming upto 100K (full of fun) miles that I've done myself in my Accord :jumpup:

legend-ary likes this.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Out of curiosity.. how many of those were on LPG? would be interesting to know and might help cure reservations about lack of longevity and reliability that people associate with a dual fuel car.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    All of them !! The car was converted on 42K, I bought it on 62K and I'm heading towards 162K, so coming upto 120K of LPG'd miles, never missed a beat.

That's all down to misunderstanding and misconstrued myths.

Nels and legend-ary like this.
  7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Wow! see I thought I read it as 100K of your own miles but then removed the statement thinking maybe you meant 100k total. 162K is a lot of miles even for a petrol car. As they say petrol Hondas are like cockroaches
    :gohonda::vtec:

8. moi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gm Gardne Tavistock
    Indeed...having owned 2 derv Tourers which are nice enough, they are noisy,not particularly economical and have a litany of well documented problems...trouble is the wanker politicians duped us all into buying diesels so there are very few petrol Tourers around now which is a real shame...

9. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Couldn't agree more! Never made the change and not likely to in the future.. nothing against the owners and the cars themselves, just the way we were all conned.... Dam politicians. Can you even buy a brand new Petrol accord now?