Removed 16'' Accord Alloys (two)

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Zebster, Wednesday 27th Jul, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I have a couple of 2004 7th Generation Honda Accord Alloy wheels to dispose of for free. They would be ideal for use as spare wheels with just a little attention.

Both are in need of refurbishment, but run true and were both in recent use on my car.

Each has a 205/55 tyre fitted with around 2mm of tread, but one has an obvious puncture (right in the centre of the tread, so repairable) while the other has a leaky bead seal (goes down a fair bit over a 3 day period, but I don't believe it has a puncture).

Collection from postcode DY14, or we could probably arrange to meet up somewhere in the W Midlands area. Or you can arrange a collection courier. IMG_20160727_150552 (1).

legend-ary likes this.
  2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Any takers before these go to the tip?

If there's anyone still without a proper spare wheel then one of these would be ideal. Either one could be very cheaply repaired (or next time you buy some new tyres simply recycle one of the old ones).

They aren't quite as bad as they look... There's a fair bit of dirt and brake dust on them. But they aren't great!

3. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    I'll have one , if no-one wants the other I'll have that too
    - - - Updated - - -
    If you need the space and can't wait for a month (I plan to have my CM2 back on the road on 1st September) I think it costs about £10 to send via Hermes (or similar). Obviously I'll pay :Wink:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmm I could use one to bolt to the wall and wrap the compressor line around it to keep it tidy.

chris2982 likes this.
  5. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^ aka hose reel

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hmm pseudo hose reel, it wouldn't roll itself back on to it would it lol.

7. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not sure that this one does either

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm actually surprised that you don't already have a spare wheel, tut tut.

The wheel with the obvious puncture in the centre of the tread (from an M5 screw) is probably the safest bet in regard to a confident and cheap repair, so I'll put that to one side for you.

I recently donated a wheel to Heckler and the postage cost him £8 and some odd change. Let me know when you're ready for it.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Maybe... Let me know if you're sure and hopefully we can arrange to meet.

9. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There's an interesting documentary on Tut on BBC, apparently Tut died as a result of in-breeding.

Anyway, in all my years of motoring in this country and several others, I have only ever had 5 flat tyres that required a wheel change there and then (2 of them happened at high speeds). None of those incidents were on my Accord, on the couple of occasions where a puncture has occurred on the Accord, I have managed to get back home (without needing the silly glue). I'm not sure if I will use it in the car, I prefer the hidden boot to keep things in. But since its free (apart from postage) I will definitely try it out.

I'm ready to receive the wheel any time at your convenience :Wink:

10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Awesome!!
    Need to do this

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I'm not suppose to be in my garage at all these days, had a health issue which hospitalised me and I'm still recovering from that but if you can keep to one side would love to get it off you and give it a try when I'm fully recovered.

12. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    @SpeedyGee - wheel put to one side for you. I will PM you next time I head into Brum. Happy healing!
    - - - Updated - - -
    And a wheel also put go one side for you, @jimjams , awaiting you to arrange collection.

This thread can now be closed please. Thank you.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thank you for the update. :Hey:
    Thread now closed.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Thanks Jon !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.