Tyres & Wheels 16" Alloys

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by mickthesaw, Tuesday 25th Sep, 2012.

1. mickthesaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can I downsize from the standard 17" rims on my ADAS equipped ex to 16" rims..??
    Obviously with the correct size rims and tyres..??
    Thanks
    Mick

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The ES grade gets the 16 inch wheels but the TypeS you won't be able to fit 16 inch wheels due to the massive front discs and callipers.

ADAS cars are really funny about tyre sizes I doubt the LKAS will work well . let me do some digging.

Are you going down a size to imnprove fuel efficiency or low cost of tyres?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I knew Ihad posted about this before here you go http://hondakarma.com/threads/105/

view the word document bud, explains all. in a nut shell you are not advised to do it but that can't stop you doing what you want to do ..:Thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. mickthesaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi the car is a ex and not a S version,two reasons really cost of tyres and ride quality here in sunny south yorks,the roads are not the best.
    I looked at the doc before and can't make out wether I can go from 17's to 16's..??

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Look at this thread it give you the chassis code 8th Generation Complete VIN Expanded under B= Line, Body, and Engine Type

CU3 and CW3 are missing off that list which is a diesel chassis code.

Then compare your chassis code and look at the rag report , you will find it does not recommend the 16 inch wheel.if you get stuck let me know I will assist you.

I am 100 % with you Helen old man lives in Sheffield and the roads are worse than a third world country and can only systematise with you.:Sobbing:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Mar, 2014