General 17inch Honda Penta Alloys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLUEONDA, Sunday 9th Sep, 2012.

1. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just won a set of 17" Honda Penta Alloy Wheels off EBay for £155. Alloys just a little kerbing and one alloy has a little bit of oxidising but otherwise in good condition with very good tyres. Do you think I got a bargain?

Last edited: Sunday 9th Sep, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would personally go for another 17 inch alloys. Pentas new or refurbished are renowned to discolour, peel chip and ages with time . additionally they are really heavy. Go for lighter ones which are better . That is my opinion but if you like Pentas get them.

3. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good wheels if you ask me, good price too. Some people moan about the tracking and tramming of them but I've never had a problem.

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yep nice wheels. Have a set on mine and they are fine.

Yes they are a little on the heavy side but I like them all the same.

5. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I think they look quite cool. Don't mind them being a little heavy. Just like to cruise about really. Guess I have to get the tracking re-done once I put them on?

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not a bad idea. I hear they can help the track rod ends along to an early demise but mine are ok and done over 70 k

I like these wheels alot so goofd choice bud
    :cool:

7. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Picked up the wheels today and put them on. Heres a couple of pics. Might think about lowering it slightly though, not sure. Anyone recommend some lowering springs?

penta2.

penta1.

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice rims pal. Get some lacquer on the scuffs before they get nasty on ya :Wink: seeing the amount of weights on that wheel makes me feel a little better. Enough lead on mine to redo a church roof!

9. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, i like it lol didn't really notice how many it had, yeah will get some lacquer on them :Smile:

10. salopian adas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

had a set of graphite 17" pentas on my last car , a black 2.0 sport 7th Generation, looked the part but always noticed the tyres stood out as dirty all the time , had to keep them well blacked up. they were awful for tramlining when i got the car, running on dunlops but came much better when i changed to uniroyals

11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking good and damn I love the colour wish I'd got a blue one.

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tyre choice does seem to have a big effect on these wheels. I have gone to Kuhmo KU39's and except from a rim protector they are very good. Had to many bad experiences with Dunlop to go back to them so can't comment on what they are like on these alloys. Bridgestone are no better than these new Kuhmo but far more expensive.

13. Hi Everyone :Smile:! i have recently bought an accord, its a few years old but a lovely example and drives well the only issue i have on it is that the alloys are anthracite but they are peeling? it was an older chap i bought it off so low mileage but its just that that's an issue for me, can anyone reccomend a solution to this? i think i will go to these for my alloy wheel refurbishment, has anyone used them before? or does anyone know of any other places that are good, i have heard a place called lepsons? anyway happy posting :Smile:

14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a little problem with tram lining when I had the Pentas fitted but then I fancied a change and picked up a set of Santinos(check my pictures) some people say they spoil the look of the Type-S but I just love the difference they make to the car. and no tram ining.

As for tracking etc I got mine laser aligned and what a difference it made.