Listing Ended 1980 Accord on Ebay

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by accordheritage, Sunday 9th Nov, 2014.

1. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Be on your guard with this car.

$_57.JPG
    Sold twice on Ebay and raised over £1000 per sale, each time the buyer went to pick up their purchase to be greated with a lot of rust. Relisted twice and not offered to me as the next highest bidder. Greedy so and sos

This is a typical late Accord been there done that.

They hide the rot, it may look good on the outside but please go to see the car before purchase the chassis has advanced rust and I was told the sills along the floor are bad too. Both bumpers are bent and the rear 3/4 s have rust along with the rear valance, all unavailable parts. Oh plus it has had a new front offside wing that is a 76-78 style not the correct 79-81 variant.

The power steering has a leak and if the new seller has not fixed this issue then it will be dangerous to drive.

The car recently sold on Ebay for £460 the car is back on Ebay with a price doubling what it sold for.

Car maybe a potential project and not for the collector, though if you are brave enough a project.

The car is worth about 500 maximum with the work required.

Lets see what happens this time as I was let down in buying the car.

Don't bid unless you see it.

Someone is just flipping it. Shame really.

Sprockutt likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good call mate , thanks for the heads up made a sticky so no one here gets stung.

3. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    $_57-4. $_57-5. $_57-1. $_57.

All in all they are trying to double their money and all they have done is drive it from woking and washed the bird poo off it. Easy money.

Shame to see the reality of old Hondas in the trade loop. Someone rescue this, but don't pay over £500

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Even if you buy it for 500 quid you looking at 1500 quid worth of repairs then extra running costs and routine maintenance.

5. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Totally uneconomical to restore, maybe a good daily driver. I wanted it for that, power steering got me hooked.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    More like a parts car mate.. its too far gone.

7. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Indeed. I'd buy it to use until the test runs out then decide what to do.but as you know I have all the parts to fix it properly!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will end up stinging a few more buyers until it become a banger racer.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Such a shame, as she does look nice from the outside. Thanks for the warning @accordheritage. :Niceone:

10. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    If I won it on the last Ebay outing for cheap I would do the work, though you know I have the parts and the knowledge to keep it as a daily driver.
    - - - Updated - - -

80 Accords were the last run cars so some were just thrown out to dealers while Honda were tooling up for 2nd Generation. So issues with rust were worse on 80 cars. Daves 80 is the lucky car, though my 1st 1st Generation was an 80 and there was not much left of it.

Purchase day.

Last edited: Monday 10th Nov, 2014
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It's a good warning - thanks :Smile:

What looks nice and shiny on the outside can be hiding horrors elsewhere, I've been really disappointed with most of the cars I've seen recently.

12. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York