Off-Topic 1980 c-60

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Saturday 21st Feb, 2015.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Tonight I'm listening to this, recorded in 1980
    image.

2. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crikey, thought I was bad,what's on it ?
    Just been on Internet before looking at crystal sets ,had this idea of wanting to listen to radio through a crystal receiver,crazy all this new stuff about and wanting to experience old school, been also looking for a video player to use my vhs tapes on, and thinking how I can get my record deck back in use as I only have the turntable the amp got damp damaged.:lol:

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

It was a recording of people talking and only just found and returned from New Zealand.

Had to get my tape deck out for it, just now wondering where all my tapes are!
    - - - Updated - - -
    I have a video player if your are stuck. I'm old school on my stereo but my wife likes the smaller compact units so my old stuff gets put away. Thousand pounds worth of equipment put away for a £400 Sony.....:no:

4. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Still got mine all boxed but nothing to play them on, at least not at the moment,must dig them out as I remember I made a very crude recording of one of the last radio shows ever broadcast from a pirate radio station called radio North sea international,the ship was at sea near Holland and got taken off the air way back in 70s, could be collectable,bad quality as I recorded it with one of those small players direct from the tinny transistor without cables, as you did back then.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Used to record loads of stuff off radio on my "National Panasonic" tape recorder. All in mono.

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ya ,were on the same level.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Tape cassette, dat, minidisc, cd, digital (didn't touch DCC), but always liked cassettes.