1993 Prelude 2.3 import 4 wheel steering

Discussion in '4th Generation (1992-1996)' started by candobill, Thursday 12th Dec, 2013.

1. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hi all, I have been driving my 4 wheel steering car for a couple of weeks now ( first time with 4ws ) and don't notice any difference to normal, anybody else use 4dws and whats your opinions :Search:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have changed the title to make it more relevant than just 4WS a lot people won't know about It :Wink:

My personal belief that 4WS is not ideal for high speed driving and when you have loss of traction on the rear wheels due to aquaplaning the car feels understeery as well as oversteery as the 4WS is trying to correct it. It makes the driver panic and majority of them are on the wrong side of a hedge.:Blushing:

In the dry it really good to park in tight spaces, nimble driving in city the only drawback to 4WS is its alignment it will eat tyres if the alignment is out.

3. I' agree with CJ.

The only time I've thought it was useful was when parking a Motegi Prelude VTI in a tight spot. Come to think of it, they were lovely cars in their day.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I love that Lude slightly on the heavy side.. :Wink: