Listing Ended 1999 Honda Legend

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by John Dickson, Sunday 16th Aug, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just found this but can't decide if it's a bargain at £1,500 or not.

Perhaps it's just me but something doesn't sit right with me - e.g. mis-matched steering wheel centre and why is the Honda badge upside down on the boot? Mileage seems on the low side for having had 4 owners and 16 years old but it could always be genuine.... :Whistle:

"Engine Size 4" whatever that means?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You've got a keen eye John, I can barely see the rear badge.

With an LPG system I would say it's a bargain. Although it depends on how well the LPG system has been installed, would be good to see pictures of the engine bay.
    But at least the filler is installed properly into the bodywork, which is safer than having it on the bumper.

Mileage does seem low, especially as it claims to have a £1200 LPG system. Why would someone spend all that much money and then not drive the car to re-coupe the outlay ?

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There is just something not sitting right with that car but I see the sale has ended anyway. I wonder if someone bought it?

It does seem to have had a lot more use than 63,000 miles - the ad should have said "63,000 miles this time round"

I wonder if it had=s had a rear end shunt that has been badly repaired? I can't imagine the badge would work loose and turn upside down itself and why would someone want to turn the badge upside down anyway?

The one @FirstHonda posted looks a lot better. Three thousand miles more and just so much healthier looking makes me wonder more if the other one's mileage is genuine or not. It's had a very hard life if it is!

wonder if it is an ex-taxi hence LPG conversion but he mileage would be much higher than 63,000 if that was the case.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I have seen people convert to LPG and then not actually do any mileage, which makes you wonder why on earth they paid out for a conversion in the first place.

The MOT history should reveal something about mileage history though.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nels likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Definitely the same car - I recognise the Reg.

Not that I purposely remember registrations I've just got quite a good memory for them once seen.

I'd pay £695 for it but something just doesn't seem right about it to part with £1,500!

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Listing ended. Thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.