Introductions 1st Time Honda Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lono Brady, Monday 15th Sep, 2014.

1. Lono Brady Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

rap3m3har
    IMG_20140827_113104. IMG_20140827_120646. IMG_20140822_103046. Hey guys writing to y'all from Guam USA. I bought me a 1982 Honda Prelude with 110 miles on the odometer about 2 weeks ago. Apparently the car never sold from the dealership or was probably a test drive car and its been sitting in the dealerships owners warehouse for all these years. I got the car for $1,200. All the car needs is some carb and brake work. This is my first Honda and I'm looking forward to getting it running. Thanks for reading guys :Smile:

legend-ary, Ichiban, numpty67 and 4 others like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Lono Brady

Wow !! That's got to be the best "dollars to mileage" bargain anyones ever had ! :Smile:

Would be good to see pictures of the inside and the engine bay. Why don't you create an entry for her in the Club Garage for her and ad some more pictures.

3. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    What a find. Enjoy the car. I like all the 1st Generation Hondas. Post pictures of your time with it. Interesting alloy wheels too are they genuine Honda?

4. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats a gem of a car, love the colour, it always amazes me what turns up,
    Would love to hear the story of how it came about.

5. Lono Brady Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

rap3m3har
    I would Love to take some picture of the interior plus the bay but the weathers been quite sour here. Ill phase the pictures up once things clear up. And i have no clue if the wheels are genuine Honda or not. I just checked them right now and the wheels have "JWL" and "VIA" on them. Theres also some cursive writing on it which is most likely the manufacturer i would assume but the rain started coming back down so i retreated back into my home. haha. And actually at the same place where i bought this Prelude there was an 83 Prelude for sale too. That one supposedly never sold as well. I had enough money to get either one but i preferred this 1st Generation of mine. Its a really nice and well built car. I come from a family of V8s. This is our first true 4 cylinder car and I'm honestly loving it right now. I can't wait to get her onto the road.

legend-ary likes this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club and what a great find. Once you have sorted the brake and carb work all you need to do then is sit back and enjoy the rest of your life in a Honda.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Lono Brady! :welcome:

That is a lovely Prelude you've got there.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Lono Brady. :welcome:
    That's a fantastic bargain you've found there.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to HK @Lono Brady, fantastic Prelude, what a find. Cherish her!

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

11. Lono Brady Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

rap3m3har
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I had my first day off from work since July and i spent my free time finishing up my Prelude. I replaced the carb and redid all the brake components. Got her started up and running on the road. I added about 30 miles to the car and it just drives fantastic.

Nighthawk likes this.
  12. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Would love to see some more pictures of her interior, engine bay, more exterior shots etc.

13. Lono Brady Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

rap3m3har
    I just added my car to the garage and added some pics of the interior and stuff. I totally forgot to get the engine bay though.. Ill get that later. haha. But there is some rust on the vehicle which i need to address. I live right on the beach so rust has been my arch nemesis my entire life! lol

Nighthawk likes this.
  14. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great to see another G1 on here, what a car! Fantastic to see someone taking her on and getting her back on the road.

Spotted some obvious differences between your US model and the UK model I have, biggest is of course the updated dash with twin dials and place for a standard din stereo, the rear lights, the grill and the wheels. The wheels were not standard (I think) but I had look through all the Honda US brochures and I don't see them there either, maybe they are from another model of the time? Anyway, great car and look forward to seeing your progress.

15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

What a find...just brilliant!

Thanks for sharing, but just be aware - you're making me very jealous :Wink:

16. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    OMG!! What an amazing find and what a bargain at that price. Keep it original and you will make a tidy profit on that car if you ever decided to sell it.

Oh and welcome to the club from another new guy. :welcome: