Engine & Gearbox 2.0 exec saloon battery 2003/03

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by berksboy, Thursday 26th Jan, 2012.

1. berksboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, new to this forum, recently purchased a 2.0 saloon exec 2003/03, first night of fiddling, doors open stereo on, moved elec chair, ended up flattening battery, appears it's a 46ah, had to call out AA a was leaving to go on holiday to Cornwall next morning, AA guy told me thats what modern batteries are like, just enough power to start, it will do at the moment but what upgrade is recommended for the future, my comcerns are i have not had severe weather yet in my area and would it struggle to start?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC , I wish you could see the sponsors section there are SUPERB offers on genuine Honda Batteries at unheard prices. I have just bought a new battery for my 2.0 Tourer and it is a 46AMPs battery.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It could be that the car was standing for a while unused at the dealer before you bought it which is a killer for the battery.

Mine was the same when I bought my car last summer...tried charging it a few times but it was too far gone and couldn't hold a charge so I had to get a new one.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    trouble with modern batteries is they don't like to be discharged. remember the old days when you topped up the acid in the battery! its all maintenance free and sealed units now, all sorts of chemicals etc. modern batteries once discharged will never fully re-charge again but can be improved with a smart charger (normal car chargers are useless).

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Now if that is not the most definitive answer then what is? Superbly summed up.