Exhaust System 2.0 petrol egr valve

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Nitropaul, Thursday 10th Mar, 2016.

1. Nitropaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anyone give advice on the EGR on the 2.0 petrol engine? Someone has said it might be causing the stutter at about 2k revs when driving under load. I wonder if it needs cleaning but am not sure the process or where it is on the engine. I know there is a guide for the 2.2 diesel engine.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi mate there could be a lot of issues for stuttering other than EGR, the petrol one do not coke up like the diesel ones. Tell us more about this issue what has changed on your car lately for this to happen , and its servicing history and currently mileage.

3. Nitropaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought the car at the beginning of Feb 16. It's an 08 2.0 CR-V ex manual. It has 75k miles on it. Last service was at newbury honda 70335 miles 22/09/15. The issue is that when accelerating at around 2k revs, there is like a miss (sort of feels like power goes and then comes back) then it carrys on review fine. Like I said it's when engine under load. I have had it back to the traders garage and they said there were no engine codes. Don't think much of the garage and I think they have had enough of me.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you had your fuel filter changed at the last service?

5. Nitropaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was last serviced at a honda dealership but I am not sure. I didn't own the car at the time. Where is the fuel filter on the car?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk