Engine & Gearbox 2.2 cdti oil and filter change

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jj18, Wednesday 6th Nov, 2013.

1. jj18 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've recently purchased a Honda Accord 2005 2.2 I-CDTI. Obviously I've been made aware of the need for regular oil and filter changes (at least every 6k or 6 months). I understand it's highly recommended to use Honda filters and a certain oil (I think it was ow-30). I'm just wondering if there is any specific brand for that oil or if it is simply a type of oil that many brands do? Also I really don't have the facilities or knowledge to do the job myself. I'm wondering what a reasonable price to get it done would normally be? I appreciate any tips you may have

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hallo bud.

use 0w-30 oil for you car look at this thread http://hondakarma.com/threads/91/

If you need i can give you the discount code for lubetech oil you can buy bulk oil of the correct grade and spread the cost.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. jj18 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can't seem to get that link to work (probably because I'm on my iPhone). Discount code would be great though. Might sound daft but is ow-30 the same as 5w-30?