Electrical & Lights 2.2 I-DTEC fog light glass

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Roach3, Friday 7th Feb, 2014.

1. Roach3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To replace the glass lenses in front foglight?

noticed front nearside has smashed probably due to stone chip on motorway,
    rang my local dealer and they say a new unit will be required costing £100!!

the light still works but has half the glass missing.

are they easy to fit?

2.2 EXGT

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    More than likely it just involves dropping the front-bumper, pulling out the plug, then just undoing a few screws to take the housing off, and visa versa.

Generally speaking it's not possible to source the lenses separately and you'll require a new housing unit. If you ring Holdcroft Honda, our affiliated dealer, mentioned you're from the club and they'll give you a quote with free postage and a club discount applied :Thumbup:

3. jrd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Selling on fleabay for £87.95 with free delivery
    HONDA ACCORD 2008-2011 FRONT CLEAR FOG LIGHTS LAMPS PAIR LEFT & RIGHT

4. Roach3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thnx guys, looks like its a new unit then.

is it easy to remove front bumper?

5. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    It is straight forward to remove the front bumper. Search for Acura TSX front bumper removal on youtube.

I find it is easier to buy a set of 8 & 10mm bumper clips to replace the ones that come off. You can find 20 assorted (8+10 mix) for under £4 on fleabay

6. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Save yourself a few ££ and get the non-OEM one from fleabay for £45. Almost same quality.

I stuck on Lamin-X to better protect the lense from stonechips. Worth the £18 for both sides.

Last edited: Sunday 9th Feb, 2014
    DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Agree with this completely, naturally mine's a 7th Generation but [URL="http://
    here's some pics of my Depo non-OEM fog light housing (towards the bottom of the post).

Last edited: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TDK bought a aftermarket fog lamp for his 8th Generation there is a link somewhere .. let me find it.

9. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all

Looking to replace/fix both fog lights on my accord which are cracked/broken. Noticed on an old thread that TDK bought non OEM versions for an Acura out of US? I think it was it these?

2009 Acura TSX Xenon Fog Lamps Driving Lights 09 | eBay

Works out half the price of these so tempted if worked out ok the TDK (tried to DM him but doesn't seem to be able received DMs)?

HONDA ACCORD 2008-2011 FRONT CLEAR FOG LIGHTS LAMPS PAIR LEFT & RIGHT | eBayHONDA ACCORD 2008-2011 FRONT CLEAR FOG LIGHTS LAMPS PAIR LEFT & RIGHT | eBay

Does anyone know if you have to pay any kind of import duty because they came from US?

Any obvious issues why buying out of US is a bad idea?

Thanks in advance

BigRon

10. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I suggest you assume 25% on top of the total price you paid. ie product cost+shipping cost. You shouldnt be too wide of the mark.

Maybe you ask them to send a picture of the product to ensure it is close to Honda OEM foglight housing. Better still, give them a call.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    They seem to be very common on cracking i had both mine replaced before i had the car i put some yellow lamin-x film on mine saves them the crackin again

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@wanner69 has been making fog light protectors for various Honda models, if there's enough interest I'm sure he could be convinced to make some for the 8th Generation Accord.

As for buying from the states, they should fine but without a US parts diagram with the numbers in front of me it's hard to say for sure. Normally you pay about 20% of the value for import tax, but it depends what value on the item is actually declared. I've brought a lot of parts from the states through eBay, and their new "Worldwide Shipping" option on some items adds in the cost of import paid upfront. Unfortunately the USA ones you've linked to don't seem to have that option.

On that price for the TSX fog lights I'd imagine £8-10 import cost (if it's picked up on, not everything is).

wanner69 likes this.