Electrical & Lights 2.4 Petrol - Will Diesel Battery Box fit ?/ Fitting bigger Capacity Battery

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by dionysius, Friday 7th Nov, 2014.

1. dionysius Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

David SW London
    Need a new battery for my 2.4 Auto tourer - Standard fit is pathetic 45Ah capacity, (075 size) and so would like to fit a bigger one.

Unfortunately the battery box is very small , and doesnt look like it will take a bigger battery so wondered if it is posible to fit a a diesel battery box from a 2.,2CDTi which would take a bigger capacity battery ??

There is space between the battery and the wing to take a longer battery, but not space to towards the engine as the auto-dipstick is next to it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for improving the capacity of the battery ?

Most of my driving is at night, its not driven most lof the week, just wekends, and the car is also an auto with all the toys, so quite hungry on power and heavy/hard on the battery.

Cheers

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    don't know how much room you have in your tourer, but I have a 72Ah battery in my car, works a treat. Car will only pull the current it needs but a higher capacity will certainly help it start and maintain efficiency better.

Welcome to Honda Karma by the way. Pop over to our introduce section and tell us a bit about you. You can also put your car in the club garage. It will then show in your signature which will allow others to know your car details and help you.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes it will fit you need to make custom positive and negative terminals and you nee to get rid of the stock plastic box.

@DeviateDefiant has a Bosch battery in his car look it up in the garage. :Smile: TBH the 48Ah battery is more than sufficient unless you have loads of electrical gear bolted on your car

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ichiban likes this.
  5. dionysius Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

David SW London
    Hi

Thanks for the info so far,

Why does one need to make custom terminals ? Are they a different post-fitting on the battery or do the cables not reach...

Cheers.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you go for the Honda genuine diesel battery you can't use the post terminals .if you go for the bosch you can fit it. Honda batteries are cheaper than the shyte bosch makes.

Last edited: Friday 7th Nov, 2014
  7. dionysius Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

David SW London
    I will probably be buying a Yuasa battery, whatever size/spec can be made to fit/has biggest capacity.

So the Diesel battery box will fit then ?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ditch the box mate battery case are robust, plus one for Yuasa they are really good batteries.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds