Exhaust System 2.4 Twin Exhaust on Diesel

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by pindi2000, Sunday 12th Jul, 2015.

1. pindi2000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Nick Sing Leicester
    Does anyone know if the twin exhaust from the 2.4 petrol is compatible with a 2.2 Type-S diesel?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  3. pindi2000 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Nick Sing Leicester
    Thx for the quick response Leo, appreciate it

4. mr.xkr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I swear direct line replacement is not possible because different sizes, but I think you can adapt it with very little modifications.

5. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How about on a 2008 2.0i petrol?

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes that should work, I'm not 100% on whether the CU1 has the hanger holes in place on the nearside but I'd assume so. Then it's just a matter of bolting up and removing the cover on the rear lip for the second exhaust pipe I'd assume.

@Ichiban?

7. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I was thinking about doing it, but as it now appears I need a new Clutch Cylinder, plus probably 2 new front discs, new rear linings, a service and MOT in the next couple of months, maybe not. Maybe when this one wears out, if it ever does, my series 7 had 128K on the clock and the exhaust was still going strong.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It's not so much mileage that will spell the end of your exhaust, it's the conditions you drive in, road salt, and how often the undercarriage is cleaned.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You should not use petrol exhaust on diesel cars. Diesel cars don't require back pressure like petrol cars, I would get a bespoke fabricator to make you a full stainless steel exhaust and he will do the hangers etc for you accordingly.

Bones126 likes this.
  10. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, but mine IS a petrol, a 2.0l.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Take a step back ,he thread title suggest differently what are you trying to achieve?

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah @Snapper69 was asking about the 2 litre instead.

13. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DeviateDefiant posted a reply to my post as to whether it was possible to fit a 2.4 exhaust onto my 2.0 petrol, you then posted, quoting his reply to me that it was not advisable to fit that onto a diesel. I was merely pointing out that my car IS a 2.0L petrol and therefore, presumably, there was nothing wrong with his reply. Or was there? No offense meant.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOST IN TRANSLATION .
    - - - Updated - - -
    if your car was in the garage and the title more clearer this confusion won't have happened. , As the title suggest you were enquiring about a diesel which is 2.2 and not a 2.0 petrol. You only mention you have a petrol car in post 10?

15. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My fault for asking a question on a thread where I wasn't the OP. I didn't realise that putting my car in the garage was compulsory.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It not compulsory mate it help us to help you and to avoid this sort of confusion. My bad didn't see the OP was different my fault.

17. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No harm done, we all make mistakes said the Dalek, climbing off a dustbin. Next time my camera and my car are in the same place at the same time, I will try and take a decent photo and work out how to post it in the garage.

Ichiban likes this.
  18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Add an avatar too the list as you and OP have the same default avatar which is partly the reason I assumed you both where the same.

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I make this mistake a lot too, avatars help identify people without all that reading stuff :Laughing:

20. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There we go, Avatar done, he's better looking than me.