Body, Paint & Styling 2000 accord coupe rear bumper loose. Where are fixings?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by welland99, Sunday 8th Sep, 2013.

1. welland99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Recently i've noticed that my rear bumper is hanging a bit low. This is only noticeable under the rear lights (same both sides) and to a lesser degree around the sides of the car. It is hanging about 5 mm too low.

If i get old of it underneath, i can pull it up and the gap closes, but when i let go, it hangs down again. Unfortunately, i can't find the fixings for the bumper: can anybody help me with this?

I have found a row of little plastic plugs along the top edge, in between the rear lights, but these don't hold the weight of the bumper. The only other clips that i have found are (1) at the rear wheel arches; (2) half way between the wheel arch and the back of the car.

Can anybody point me in the direction of an online workshop manual with diagrams of the fixing points? Or does anybody have experience of working on these?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I can't remember how the 6th Generation bumper is held on. If you take the bumper off though, the cause of the sagging should be fairly apparent.