Body, Paint & Styling 2000 Accord Hatchback Window Washer Jet

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Peter_G, Monday 2nd Feb, 2015.

1. Peter_G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've just broken off the fin-like rear washer jet on my 2000 Accord, does anyone have a part number or an ebay link?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What is the MTOC for your car please ?

@DeviateDefiant I have put M T O C but after the abbreviation is posted it changed to MOTC for some bizarre reason can we fix it please.
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Peter_G ignore my previous post

B__1500.

I presume its part number 5 in the image ?
    76810-ST3-E01 Nozzle Assy., Rear. Windscreen Washer. The retail price is £14.63

3. Peter_G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, it's more like a small sized sharks fin, smaller than a regular GPS/cellular antenna that can be seen on modern cars.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Picture please.

5. Peter_G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll post a picture later when I am at home, thanks for the support.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TBH I don't ever recall any Honda have a shark like windscreen washer jet, it could be a aftermarket one?

7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They did mate, mine has one. Its the rear washer jet for a hatchback. @Peter_G they where fitted to MB Civic and rover cars, they just clip out, but use a flat card to unhook the clips if you go for a used one.

Attached Files:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks guys never noticed that one before.

10. Peter_G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

25i7pt4.

2s97whj.

11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats the one @Peter_G Both @Chunkylover53 and myself have those fitted to our hatchbacks. The part number as Chunkylover says is 76850S1CE01 and can be got for around £12, though maybe able to get a used one for less. I think mine cost a quid from a breakers yard. As I mentioned earlier they where fitted to MB Civics (the ones that look abit like a baby Accord) and also some Rover cars. You need to insert a flat card between the rubber base and the roof to depress the clip, an old supermarket loyalty card should work for this and they pop out. you have to do this from the rear of the car facing forwards.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  12. Peter_G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got the new part today, £12.23 from my local main dealer. Now I've just got to see how to pull down the headlining to get to the pipework and remove the broken flex pipe stub, should be fun!!

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorted !
    Take some pics and do a little guide @Peter_G :Smile:

14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Peter_G as far as I am aware you cannot get to the pipework from the inside of the car. I could be wrong of course. From when I fixed mine (it was snapped off just the same and stuck back on with silicone by previous owner) I went in through the hole in the roof and the pipe was just there in the hole, should be able to easily fish it out with a pair of long nose pliers, it would be easier this way.

15. Peter_G Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Absolutely correct. It was a little difficult to hook the plastic pipe attached to the broken stub through the hole but I got it in the end. From there it was just a case of pushing the pipe onto the new nozzle's stub and push fit the nozzle back into the bodywork.

Job done!!

Chunkylover53 and Harvey like this.