Electrical & Lights 2000 Accord Questions

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by keef247, Friday 30th Nov, 2012.

1. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

Few questions please...

What are the following bulb as I plan on replacing all of them with led/HIDs etc...

Headlight bulbs are they h1 or h7?
    If I want HIDs what kit is best for the main beam as it's a different bulb in the centre lights isn't it? - Are there any kits that cater for this?
    What bulbs are my sidelights?
    What interior bulbs have I got? - Want to replace with led dome lights if possible?
    Any good cheap coilovers for a good stance?
    What bulb/fuse to replace the clock light? As it works but doesn't illuminate!
    What grill's can I put on my 2000 reg? As the standard one has been sprayed and looks crap! So I was thinking a 1999-2001 Type-R grille without the Type-R badge? if not what years fit my grill as I'm sourcing a stock one if not.
    What year lights work/interchangeable with my 2000? Can I fit the HID Type-R headlights off a 2001 or 1999?

Any uk links, ebay especially would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Last edited: Friday 30th Nov, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Few questions please...

What are the following bulb as I plan on replacing all of them with led/HIDs etc...

Headlight bulbs are they h1 or h7?
    Low beam is H1 Hi beam is H7 Honda Genuine part for low beam 34901-SMG-E01HE

If I want HIDs what kit is best for the main beam as it's a different bulb in the centre lights isn't it? - Are there any kits that cater for this?
    What bulbs are my sidelights?

Stick to low bean HID you don't want HID on high as it will affect other road users.
    Plenty of kits on ebay , a pair of 501 LEDS will do in your side lights

What interior bulbs have I got? - Want to replace with led dome lights if possible?
    can't say as they are larger type one, ebay again.

Any good cheap coilovers for a good stance?
    Coilover cheap pointless try BC Racing UK - Suspension Systems

What bulb/fuse to replace the clock light? As it works but doesn't illuminate!

Need to look it up.

What grill's can I put on my 2000 reg? As the standard one has been sprayed and looks crap! So I was thinking a 1999-2001 Type-R grille without the Type-R badge? if not what years fit my grill as I'm sourcing a stock one if not.

You have seen this thread already http://hondakarma.com/posts/23633/

What year lights work/interchangeable with my 2000? Can I fit the HID Type-R headlights off a 2001 or 1999?

Too expensive when you can convert the standard to HIDs

Any uk links, ebay especially would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate.

So headlight wise right... H1 for low beam then H7 for high... Soooo can I run a HID kit on either? as obviously clicking the high beam activates the h7's in the centre... so surely if both have independant ballasts and packs on them they will work fine? was thinking a 6k for low beams 8k for high... it's for the forest areas I live in. my Civic had 6k's and they saved my life a fair few times tbh!

ok I have some led sidelights that'll fit. - just looks so tight in the bay to do the lights:\

In regard to the grill that link was about EK9'ing the lights?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Just a quick one but on my old E30 I dropped in some HIDs from a 7 series same era BMW as it is now an MOT requirement. Not sure if it's because of the age ie now a classic car (30 yrs next summer). The newer Honda may not have this as a item to be checked as the r had them?
    Plenty of E30s running about with ebay kits with no MOT issues....yet though this year is about rusty lines next years items to look for MOT wise are anyones guess.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    MOT ruling says :-

"Dazzle can also be caused if the lamps are dirty or aimed too high due to, for example, carrying rear seat passengers and/or heavy items in the boot. Vehicles with HID headlamps are therefore required to have a headlamp washing system (a wiper is not required) and be self levelling, which may be achieved either by the use of either headlamp or suspension levelling systems.The presence and operation of these headlamp cleaning and levelling devices has been added to the test. Therefore, if a mandatory headlamp levelling or cleaning device is missing, inoperative or otherwise obviously defective, the vehicle will fail."

So I guess the E30s must have a levelling and cleaning system.

6. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    That would make all E32 7 series wiyh HIDs no longer fit for the queens highway then?

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There can't be many "self levelling" cars out there, so this rule throws out a lot of the after market converted HID setups.