General 2001 Accord Alarm/warning from tape cassette unit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Davidaccord, Monday 21st Oct, 2013.

1. Davidaccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hopefully someone will recognise this problem. The cassette tape in my 2001 Accord has recently started making a sound comprising 3 sharp "beeps" every 20 - 30 seconds (whilst playing). I can find no reference to this in the manual (and Honda Reading have no idea) but wondered if it is a warning IRO the heads needing a clean?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange I have never heard of this either, did you take it to the dealers or you rang them?

3. Davidaccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I called them and described the problem. Can you think of any other source I might consult, as the noise sounds very "deliberate" and I'm convinced it is some kind of warning. Having timed it, it is every 30 secs whilst the tape player is running and is loud enough to be heard above what is being played (except when I have the Zeppelin / Wishbone Ash on). Guess I should go and buy a head cleaner and try that - do they still sell those things!

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used this with my walkman a few months back (yes I still have a cassette walkman, I use it at the gym only haha)

HIGH GRADE AUDIO CASSETTE HEAD CLEANER - WET OR DRY USE - BANDRIDGE CARE | eBay

5. Davidaccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆