Honda Tuning Magazine 2002 Acura RSX Type-S - Cross-Continental Motivation

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda Tuning Magazine, Monday 16th Dec, 2013.

1. Honda Tuning Magazine Auto-Generated News Feed

hp-2002-acura-RSX-type-S-first-molding-canards-01.

Jose Guzman's time attack RSX is a result of motivation from overseas as well as some chance encounters with the right people.

One glance at Jose Guzman's Arctic Blue Pearl Type-S, with its expensive JDM bits and pieces spattered over an overtly sanitary appearance, and you probably draw your own conclusion rather quickly as to what this car was built for. After all, you've been somewhat conditioned, albeit unknowingly, to assume that high-dollar Japanese aero garb is nothing more than an additional piece of flair in a community hell-bent on outdoing one another in hopes of moving up that imaginary ladder supported by street cred and "likes." Funny part about a car like Jose Guzman's RSX is that it's what you can't see that makes all of the difference in the world.

Source: Honda Tuning Magazine

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @DeviateDefiant, check it out 275 HP, 210 lbs-ft tq from K24A2 bottom end and K20A2 head :Happy:

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Those torque figures are great. Just been reading now:
    Looks like a ported head, Skunk2 springs/retainers and TSX 06+ cams then intake/exhaust bolt-ons.

Once intake/exhaust bolt-ons are done, I reckon I'm going to go with a stock head to start with, the K20Z3 does flow the best out of all K-Series heads, so I might get that over the K20A/A2 to negate the need to port later. Then CU2 cams which have similar spec as the TSX 06+ but orientated a little more to low-end torque (and easier to get domestically) .

Wonder if I should be looking at utilising the K20 Oil Cooling? I've read about it before but I wonder how necessary it is considering Honda left it off the K24.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Yeah basically the K20 set-up, apparently I'd need: water pump housing/passage, water pump itself, and oil cooler.

Think I've spent the past 45 minutes reading through that in utter fascination. It's also sold me on a K20Z3 head for definite, following the issues he had with the K24 head:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I've got an oiler cooler lying around.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    bah the stock 2.4 7th Generation has a oil cooler jacket before the oil filter bud. the 8th Generation has gone away with it as Honda wants the engines to run ever so slightly hotter to achieve better emissions also with a better valve overlap from the 2.4 7th Generation and one massive exhaust port it does not need it.