Accord/6th Gen 2002 UKDM CH1 Accord Type-R H22a7, U2q7 with LSD

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by SiMo_AtR, Saturday 13th Apr, 2013.

1. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I Hate doing write up/ build threads as I would just go on and on about the car :Tongue: So will make it as short and quick as possible.

Basically I bought the car in 2011 from Andy @ VTEC Direct completely standard

P1010014-8.

P1010016-9.

DSCF0016.

DSCF0018.

CH1 chassis, H22a7 212bhp - 167 lb/ft with the U2q7 Gearbox with shorter gearing and a build in LSD.

Modifications are

Pre facelift style front lip
    Clamair wind deflectors front and rear
    De-chromed
    Pre facelift exhaust system straight through with De-cat
    Pre Facelift rear lights ( slightly smoked )
    Ultra racing under bracing front and rear
    Meister R Coilovers - Rears have damper extensions to save taking rear seats out all the time.
    removed all badges apart from the Red H`s
    De spoilered
    Modded air box with a Pipercross panel filter
    Solid front and rear engine mounts
    Heavy set Red silicone hose kit
    Full Engine re-bolt kit
    Removed rear spoiler
    Smooth Red rocker cover with Matte black spark plug cover
    Throttle body coolant bypass mod
    OEM Arm rest ( rare )
    Font Fogs ( rare ) converted from H1 to HB4 to run as day time running lights with Cree LED bulbs
    Cree LED sidelight bulbs
    Cree LED rear number plate Bulbs
    Flat Aero wipers
    Custom Red lit dials
    Custom Blue LED modified window switches and heater controls
    Alpine head unit
    JBL GTO 6.5" front components
    Satin Violet Plastic coated OEM speedline wheels

That is it for modifications at the moment although I do have a Custom One off USDM style rear window deflector coming and again a custom one off MUGEN style front lip coming.

In the past year and a bit I have replaced :-

ALL suspension components totaling close to £1.500 spent on parts not including the Coilovers
    refurbished the brakes - calipers, pads, lines.

And how she now stands :-

DSCF6126_zps154ce813.

DSCF6131_zpsa5ec0bd4.

DSCF6136_zps29f68c4e.

792320_10151370122568643_731574095_o_zpsc66aac3a.

533602_10151295473578643_107194715_n_zps831010dc.

DSCF6124_zps9acfd6a1.

DSCF6122_zpsf9a8b36d.

intruder likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good work bud, she looks mint.

I like the de-spoiler idea, never thought of that, lol.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I love the minimalistic work, removing the spoiler, gutting down to Honda emblems. I have got to admit though I can't stand the pink colour scheme, red would work - especially a bit muted red. But I feel like the pink just doesn't go :Unknown:

4. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The colour came around because my wheels needed a quick tidy up after the winter and I managed to buy some Plastic-kote for 99p a can! at that price I thought why not. I do admit it is a bit hit or miss but in the flesh it really does work as It stands out.

It is only temp anyhow until I get through this year and change my Duel exhaust out for a 2.5" single exit and a set of 17" ROTA Grids.

You may see me up in Liverpool some times as that is where I am Originally from, I still have family up there and try to get up at least once a year when I can afford the £400 fuel bill to get the car up there :Frown:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Be interested to see how that turns out! I'd love to see a gun-metal grey on the wheels/rear trim or a muted dark red. Each to their own on taste!

You've got me curious now, with a £400 fuel bill (both ways?) that's some bloody distance, where you coming from? I drive a 2.4L Type-S and £400 would get me close to 2,000 miles on the motorway - my regular 150 mile trip to Northants costs me £25-30.

6. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

that is for both ways sort of! I live in Cornwall and can get about 300 miles from around £80 of Vpower it will take me at least 2 tanks of fuel to get to Liverpool.
    Between 22 - 30 MPG depending on how much VTEC I use on the way.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's some fuel consumption man, I know what you mean on it depending on your VTEC usage. My last 'more spirited' drive down to Northants cost me £50 instead of the normal £25-30 :Whistle:

8. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can get anywhere between 150 - 300 miles on a full tank depending on how I drive. I have seen close to 400 miles once but it was a very dull and lifeless drive.

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Such a great job around the car, Simon! Love it all, except the loss of spoiler :Sobbing: Why??? It would give you an extra downforce :Wink: and your motorway consumption would be better.. :lol:

10. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice looking car and different look :Smile:

11. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a know fact on the ATR forum that the spoiler is only there to keep the rear screen clean and for stability in long corners above 120 mph ( not that I EVER do this ) :Wink: Motorway consumption is the least of my worries as its so minute plus less drag on the rear would increase MPG.

It was also a dealer provided option the have it removed.

- - - Updated - - -

The car is currently undergoing some slight changes....

ALL interior lights are going RED
    Brake hubs are getting painted black
    M3 spoiler
    Some carbon fiber goodies all getting done before Japfest.

Also currently I have some Carbon fiber front wings getting made up but will be a long way off yet :Grin:

12. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sounds all great! :Wink: You've got enough time and good budget to work around the car :Wink:

13. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I do all the work myself and if I can't do it myself I know people who can do it cheap. Carbon wings £400 for both

14. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah. But the most of £ you need to buy those actual parts you fancy.

BTW, what are these carbon wings? :Blink: Where you gonna attach them?

15. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Put the wheels back to standard and put the wing back and it would look great.

They are future classics, great cars, but you need to keep it standard to keep its value up, or its just another car someone has messed with.

Sometimes less is more.

16. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They will be complete replacement OEM style front wings, they will use the OEM bolting holes.

- - - Updated - - -

Towards the end of the year the car will be getting a full respray in NHB and dent removal! wheels will be getting replaced with a set of ROTA Grids in Bronze and the OEM set will be getting Shot blasted and refurbed back to silver to be used as winter wheels.

The spoiler MAY be going back on then but I like it without! there was a reason the Police used these cars without the spoiler ( and the decals but I won't be getting rid of them as they are hard to get hold of now )

17. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The cars class :Thumbup: put on the sport spoiler bit more subtle than the ATR . Plus it'll look ace once u put on ur single exit

18. Bash Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Liking the car mate, im also from Liverpool :Smile:

Where did you get the front splitter from? Im after one for my 2001 Sport.

19. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

20. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bit of a change and update :Wink:

How my Engine bay now stands.

DSCF6247_zps766e4762.

Interior lights are now all red ( phone pic sorry )

DSCF6238_zpsd0118bda.

And wheels are now Matt black
    Headlights tinted
    spoiler back on - gurney wing on the way

DSCF6271_zps41b35083.