Feedback/Help 2003 Honda Accord 2.0i vtec Radiator fans running continuously ?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by badboyrider, Thursday 8th Jan, 2015.

1. badboyrider New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom mike Ellesmere port
    Hi guys mike here a new member!

I have a issue well i think its a issue, when i turn my ignition on when cold, both fans on the radiator run? is this normal, i believe one is the condensor fan which is for the A/C ? and the other engine temperature control! the fuses are all ok and the Relays work could it be the fan thermo switch that tells the relays when to open and close ? i thought if it failed it would be so they don't come on, not the other way round, any help would be much appreciated thanks in a
    Advance Mike!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is the auto button lit? turn it off then try.

3. badboyrider New Member Getting Started

where is this button located bud ?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Centre console just below your volume the button has AUTO on it press the button to engage and disengage climate control.
    When it engaged you will see a green LED and you won't when its disengaged. When you do that your fans will stop kicking in.

5. badboyrider New Member Getting Started

Ill go try it now bud ;-)
    - - - Updated - - -
    Strange, i had disconnected the power to both fans, i plugged them back in and put the auto on, started the engine and neither come on, turned auto off and neither come on, so i will see what happens tomorrow. cheers for the advice

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You figured it out bud, Please take time to add your car to garage and say Hi to other pal.