Show Us Your Car 2003 Tourer Type-s

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Tuesday 9th Sep, 2014.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Hi All

After a quick drive from Nottingham to Macclesfield I'm now the proud owner of a 2003 blue Type-S Tourer. She has 70k miles and is in good but not mint condition. After two years driving around in an old l200 Warrior is a revelation in both performance and comfort. I've not been able to go over it thoroughly yet but will post up a list of niggles in my next post.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Cracked lefthand mirror indicator lense
    Centre cubby hole does not release
    Drivers chubby hole hinge broken
    No phone connection to stereo

A few marks on the paint and I want to do the wheels after the winter but may change them for another style as yet undecided.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Tried to upload a picture from my phone but nothing is appearing :Whiteflag:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Normally you just need to wait until picture is fully uploaded. You may have given up on it to early.

3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks

I get the moving bars to show uploading but nothing happens no matter how long I wait. Perhaps the picture is too big which is strange as it's my avatar. ..

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Are you on your home WiFi or mobile network ?

5. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Wifi on my Samsung S4
    - - - Updated - - -
    Try again
    - - - Updated - - -
    Apologies for the wayward lawn out front our mower died this week and long term it's going to be a drive.

20140909_165854.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 9th Sep, 2014
  6. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Blue version of my car same wheels too. Very nice. Change the gearbox oil and all the fluids. Will make the car very smooth. Mine is a workhorse. Though it can embarrass the chavs at the lights.

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    She's 5k of her big service. Would the above all get done then do you know? I'm happy to do everything myself except the cam belt.

8. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    It's a k series. No belt. Chain. Good for a bit longer. Like I say fluids first cosmetics later.

9. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Sweet

Services at home then!

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A good find @NottsBiker. I will be following what you do to bring her back to her full glory.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Congrats @NottsBiker, glad to see you found one. Get her into the club garage and we can all see the progression as things get patched up :Smile:

If you want parts numbers for any of these just ask, though you're going to be best looking at the breakers on eBay for good prices.

There's a few options, xcarlink, Grom, Eonon, Connects2. The install procedure is essentially the same for all and you can find a guide here.

I'm not sure what was happening there but it's generally network related, the board's pretty robust for photo and file uploads :Thumbup:

12. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I'm on Virgin media enough said I'm afraid.

Yes I've already looked up some prices. £45 for an indicator unit = ouch!

Run my VIN through Honda's website and she needs to go in for an airbag check so the website had already been very handy by making me aware of that.

I'm planning on stripping all the brakes this weekend for a clean as my first big job before the winter. I ride a little scooter to work but will drive for the four worst months so need a reliable car.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ben

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Good stuff Ben.

There's a few different Guides on the stripping the brakes in the Guides section. Please do take pictures and post after so we can all follow along :Smile:

14. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Very nice, same colour as mine but being a Type-S she's a bit prettier.

NottsBiker likes this.
  15. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    She looks very nice, like the colour, so does my missus (she loves blue). I was gonna do a DIY when I stripped my brakes a few months back but saw that there were plenty around. The brakes on these cars is easy to strip down. Remember to clean the slider pins and regrease them back up again with silicone grease only.

Incidentally, I have ferodo discs and ferodo premier pads - they work really well together.

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Another shout for Ferodo Premier Pads, I'm using Brembo discs with mine and they're performing excellently - simply cannot fault them.

17. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Anyone running braided hoses?

Car is now booked in worth Lookers Honda in Nottingham for the airbag check under the recall system.

As for the looks I'm really glad I got the Type-S over the other models even though I would have liked sat nav as standard.

18. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    You won't miss the sat nav when you step on the loud pedal and it knacks off like a stabbed rat. Very quick without all those extra comforts like heavy leather and electric everything.

You'll have to view mine in the garage.

NottsBiker likes this.
  19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It can be hard finding the Type-S with the optional Sat Nav, I was quite lucky with mine.

Braided hoses aren't going to make the world's biggest difference but a few people like @intruder are running them, I will in the future when I go for a BBK.

20. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    The difference isn't big indeed, but gives you some peace of mind, and if fitted together with bigger calipers, decent discs & pads, gives you firm feel of pedal.

DeviateDefiant likes this.