Daily Driver 2004 Accord K24

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by JTG, Friday 2nd Jan, 2015

1. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    What are your plans for her? What are the other mods?

3. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    I don't want to do too much with it, but I'm in the process of doing a full LED conversion. I've got a few different styling parts on order. There are a couple of bits I don't really want to say until they materialise. I'm waiting on parts for a cold air intake and I plan on getting it remapped as soon as I can afford to. Front speakers are waiting to go in and 6x9's will be upgraded. I'm trying to do something with the front grill but I can't find what I want at a reasonable cost so I'm trying to source one from a salvage vehicle to attempt a custom grill. Once I've done most of those things, I plan on dropping it 30mm.

More importantly though I need to take the driver's seat apart and try to repair the heated seat which hasn't work since I bought the car. The power recline on the seat is also non working so I hope to sort that too. I hate having things not working.

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You've got some interesting mods planned for her, look forward to seeing them evolve :Smile:

What CAI are you planning on going for ?
    And how will you go about remapping ?

Don't forget to disconnect the battery when you come to removing your driver's seat (due to it having side impact airbags).

I found this guide on fixing the seat on an Acura TL Acura TL Seat Heater Fix « Josh’s World the process should be very similar. I would eliminate it being a blown fuse issue first though.

If you do happen to tackle the seat issue, please do take plenty of pictures and try and create a guide for it :Smile:

Last edited: Friday 2nd Jan, 2015
  5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Well, we love build logs, so I look forward to seeing your mods develop. Your custom grill sounds interesting, might be worth having a chat with @Oolix who does alot of custom body work if you need to get some advice or ideas.

6. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    CAI I'm putting together myself, ordered some pipe work and have a cone filter that I never got round to using for an old car, resonator box will be removed and filter will sit behind the bumper.
    The map, I created a thread in the 7th Generation Accord section about, it's pointed out in there the person that will be supplying the map. Just a case of having my ECU sent off to be flashed.

Definitely don't want air bags going off, battery will certainly be disconnected! Thanks, that link has been bookmarked on my laptop, just need the time (and motivation) to tackle it, looks like quite a big job. You mention the fuse, do both seats run off the same fuse? Because the passenger seat heater works fine.

I'm always open to making detailed guides (done some in the past) but I don't think I can do any better than the American chap's you've linked to!
    Any thoughts on the power recline not working though? The motor can be heard trying to move it when you first push the button but there is no seat movement whatsoever.
    - - - Updated - - -
    T
    Thanks, I'm normally terrible at things like that so I'm not holding high hopes! I'll document it all as I go though just in case it does turn out how I want.
    Really struggling to get hold of a grill though, think it's a popular part.

7. Oolix Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What grill you after ?

I make car parts

8. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    I've actually opted for the lazy option and got my hands on a pre facelift Type-S grill. I'd have loved one like the facelift Type-S one though, with body coloured surround and bonnet lip rather than chrome.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You can always take the chrome strip off from the bonnet and have the rest of the grill surround paint matched, quite a few have done it in the past. It will look close to Facelift.

10. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Yes that was my plan initially. Slight cash flow problem has put that on hold for now. I would do it myself but don't really have anywhere with the right conditions to do it.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That's fair enough mate, all of us investing heavily into our cars fast learn that's it a slow incremental process :Smile:

12. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Lovely car, :Smile: Are you planning on changing the wheels, I think the arches on the 7th Generation are defo in need of 18's minimum!
    What front lip is on yours? I have a pre-facelift Type-S and mine is different. Much prefer the one that is on your car!

13. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Cheers. It's changed a little since then, I'm going to upload some more recent photos very shortly. I won't be changing the wheels in a hurry but it is going to be lowered, that's next on the list! I agree with you on the front splitter, but can't tell why there are different ones.

JamesS likes this.
  14. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich