Tyres & Wheels 2006 Honda CR-V alloy wheels. 2.2 diesel.

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Hawksey1978, Tuesday 17th Jun, 2014.

1. Hawksey1978 New Member Getting Started

Hawksey
    Hello all, I have a technical question in hoping someone can answer. I have a 2006 2nd Generation Honda CR-V and would like to buy some 18 or 19 inch alloys from a newer model. There are loads on eBay from the newer shape 3rd Generation CR-V but will these fit straight onto my 2nd Generation without having to make modifications.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes they will no issues ,before you take the plunge matey look at the extortionate price of the bigger tyres, if you do lot of miles then you want to reconsider but if you won't wear these seat in your ownership then what the hell.

3. Hawksey1978 New Member Getting Started

Hawksey
    Thanks for your reply and help. I expect the tyres to be very expensive and as a result I've not completely made my mind up. I only do around 5k per year so don't get through too many tyres. I'm also after a set if the side rails / steps. Do the 1st Generation or 3 rails fit the 2nd Generation. Thanks.

4. Fantom Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Darron
    Not sure about the Gen 1 or 3 rails fitting, but there are some for the Gen 2 here:
    CR-V (2002 to 2006) - Honda

I've just fitted the OEM style ones to our CR-V

5. Hawksey1978 New Member Getting Started

Hawksey
    Thanks I will take a look at them. I have a 2006 executive and trying to make it look even better without ruining it.