Daily Driver 2006 Honda CR-V

2nd Generation (2002-2006) vehicle added by Eureka, Thursday 12th Mar, 2015

1. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Lancaster
    Eureka added a new Honda to the garage:

2006 Honda CR-V

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. nellers2001 New Member Getting Started

Looks really nice. How do you find the spare wheel on the tailgate? That's the only thing that put us off the 2nd Generation as we live in a city and people quite often park quite close!

3. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought the side opening rear door and spare on the door was going to be a issue too. I guessed that was the reason Honda hade made the door glass opening too.
    I know the car hasn't been with me for long but its done pretty much all I expected it too and the rear door and spare wheel haven't caused any issues.
    So far not had anyone park so close I couldn't open the door, people tend to leave more space, certainly more that my last car.
    The side opening door and spare on the door was one of my least favourite aspects of the car as I was worried about not being able to access the rear storage area but so far no issues and I see it as being a non issue that I was worried about.

4. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Eureka updated 2006 Honda CR-V

View updates to this showcase item...
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've added a few photos of the interior, bluetooth and the dvd screens that were already fitted when I bought the car.
    I have added a dashcam dvr both front and rear, they are both cheaper dashcams but both work well and I have caught some shocking things with them, including my old car being abused and damaged when at the garage for MOT.
    Its one of the things I won't do without now and plan to get a better dashcam for the front, that's along with replacing the Honda satnav for something a little different that supports my ipod/mp3s.
    I've also been doing a little tidying and fixing here and there sorting out some of the things I knew about before I bought the car and noticing a few things I hadn't noticed but are getting fixed anyway.

5. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Nice, like the DVD units.

6. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DVD and satnav removed.
    Just fitted a mp3 headunit for now.
    Will be updated later.

Last edited: Tuesday 8th Sep, 2015
    Bones126 likes this.
  7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Sounds perfect to me, a great pity about the remote too lol :Niceone:

Eureka likes this.
  8. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just to update this with the latest bits and pieces.
    Changed the w5w sidelamp bulbs to projector type cree LED's that make and massive improvement, also fitted led's to the number plate lights and interior dome lamp as they were very dim/yellow.
    I've got my Alpine X305s fitted with a adapter that gives me a small try under the headunit that my phone sits in nicely. I am now using a alpine Bluetooth instead of the Honda unit simply because I couldn't see who was ringing with the Honda Bluetooth where the callers number/name comes up on the headunit letting me select if I want to answer the call when driving, all done via the headunit. Photos of the headunit install to follow.

I have also finally sorted out a spare key, the car only came with one key but it was allowed in the purchase price for the new key. I got the spare key from a local locksmith he supplied the key and programmed it to the car for a lot less than the main dealer wanted.