Found 2006 or newer Diesel saloon

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by trailblazzer, Monday 26th Mar, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

WANTED 2006 or newer Dieseil saloon

I've been searching for a good deal on an Accord for ages but I can't seem to find the right one. If anybody has a facelift model with reasonable miles preferably under 100k and a diesel engine as I do high millage myself.

up to £5k waiting for the right car.

Let me know what you've got!!

Thanks,
    Peter

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: WANTED 2006 or newer Dieseil saloon

Will keep an eye out for you Peter. Any colour preferences ?

3. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks a million Ichi, No colour preferances really, just the sport or ex model. A good honest saloon within budget is all I'm after. I've been trawling the web looking, I;ve checked out a few here in Northern Ireland 7 to be exact but 3 have been clocked. One had almost 130k taken off!!! :Angry: The rest were rough or to expensive.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ichi, that one was a bit out of ,my budget. 5k really is the limit of it i'm afraid.
    I've a garage near me willing to sell an 06 sport model for 5 with a minor service and no warranty. 5400 with the warranty. It seems in pretty great condition engines smooth and rattle free. Theres a full history on it too. 100k miles on the clock and a honda history up to 78k. Do you think it sounds like a good deal? I think 5 is a little expensive because there are a few in England going for 4400ish some are the EX model with satnav and they all have the handfree. Which I will need to put into this one.

What do you think?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Peter don't ever buy a used Accord diesel with no warranty. To me any seller selling a car with such description knows there are underlying issues and is flogging it with no comeback to them.

The weak links for the diesel are documented here. (dead link removed by staff) also look within the 7th Generation section for more information on these areas.

The truth is the car is cheap but when it goes wrong the cost to fix it will break your back and you will rue the day you laid eyes on it.

Any Accord Diesel which reaches reaches 125000 miles all Honda extended warranties end , so its imperative to know all the weak links have been fixed before parting with your hard earn cash.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 15th Feb, 2015
  7. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the advise! Very helpful. I'll call Honda tomorrow and see what if anything has been done under warranty. I imagine I would hear the exhaust blowing if the manifold was cracked? and as for the other stuff, I'll check it out tomorrow and see. The asking price is actually £5500 but I got him down to £5000 but with out his warranty. He wants £5300 to warranty it for 3 months, but I can get an AA or RAC warranty for that money for the year. Probably a worth while investment? The clutch and flywheel was done at 95000 miles, receipts from the garage and the biting point feels low.
    I've been led to understand that the face lift models had alot of the issues with the timing chain and clutch and the manifold sorted out? If I'm wrong on this then a nice low millage 05 model would probably be a far better buy for me.

Once again thank you so much for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.