Electrical & Lights 2006 to 2008 headlight missing up.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by westcorkaccord, Friday 15th Feb, 2013.

1. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    I have written in the thread on the pre facelifted light failure so I will start my story here. In 2010 I had a tip and the front driver light was changed only in the last year it started to mist a little.I have had a few 2"x2" bags of silica gel in the housing since that time. But lately there is a good mist drops of water on the inside and a good few drops on the bottom of the fitting(inside). One question is both headlamps the same so I can check that a prefaclifted lamp has not been fitted. Does the whole front bumper have to come off to remove the lamp ?.

2. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, it does have to be removed. FWIW, I too have this misting, but I just took off the rear cap cover for the headlamp, removed the sealing rubber and re-fitted the cap. Enough space to let the lamp breathe with no misting.

3. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    Might try that as I had to make up a rubber gasket as the orginal was missing It appeared the same size but may have a different elasticity to the orginal. I will take out this rubber at the weekend and try again.

4. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Make sure you get out the existing moisture from the headlamp. Use a hairdryer or similar to help the process.