Service & Maintenance 2007 2.2CDTi brake fluid change interval?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rgrigsby, Monday 10th Mar, 2014.

1. rgrigsby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't suppose anyone has a owners manual to hand and can let me know the Honda recommended interval for changing brake fluid?

Mines in the car which is currently in a garage having a stuck rear brake caliper fixed!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Every three year but in reality it should be done yearly. is your car a tourer?

3. rgrigsby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes it's a tourer.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Before you spend top dollar on a caliper ensure the handbrake is not binding they cause the disc to tug which gives the appearance the caliper is stuck due to the uneven brake pad wear..

I have just fixed this issue on my tourer ..the calliper don't bind unless they have been wrongly handled whist doing brake service.

5. rgrigsby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just to finish this one of, the caliper was well and truly stuck. The last brake service (prior to me buying the car) was from a well known high street fast fit chain so who knows what they did to the brakes.

Either way the nice people at Warrantywise have funded the replacement of the caliper, a new set of discs and pads. All in just under £400, I'm glad I bought the warranty now.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good result, warranty to the rescue it there for a reason:Wink: