Engine & Gearbox 2008 2.2 i-DTEC saloon ECU Updates

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by easyshare450, Sunday 8th Dec, 2013.

1. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have accord 2.2 idect 2008 do i need to have ECU updated by Honda and if so can i use local Honda garage or as main dealer have to do this and at what cost thanks ken

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: ecu

thanks due service soon will check with honda

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to say the link which zoran has advised will only tell you on major updates. That link should not be used as the be all and end all there are over 40 updates which will not appear on that link.

You have to attach the HDS to get the ECU interrogated and it will tell you how many updates are outstanding that IS THE only way.

5. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks my local Honda guy worked for Honda four 30 years started up on his own he said he can do the job would this be right

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Easyshare, it's fairly simple: if there's no major update you find for your VIN on the link AND you do not experience any problems/issues, then your car does not need an update. In general, most existing updates are for a limited amount of VIN's.
    Sure, you can always let it check by a Honda dealer.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good on him to start up.. however its not so simple

So where is he going to get the latest HDS dvd from ? they are not backward comptabile to HIM or tablets is he going to invest 3-4k for a MVCI ? There is one thing saying you can do it but how on earth can he do it when Honda updated the DVD every month?

If you are not a Honda franchise you can't get hold of this dvd unless he has mates who are burning the copies for him, even that you still need the genuine MVCI and not a cloned one .

8. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i put VIN no in like you said the only thing that it says is something about trim on front window not been done . i will pop in to Honda over Christmas se what they say thanks four help ken

9. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would a honda dealer look for updates and then update as standard during a service?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes they should ,if that happens in reality its a matter of trust.