General 2008-2012 Honda Accord vs Mazda6 vs Toyota Avensis

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by honda888, Thursday 8th May, 2014.

1. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just interested in comparison with the 3 jap makes how they compare ...regarding the 2.0 petrol automatics and which one is more closer of the 3 compared to errr lets say the mercs and BMW

Ride
    Comfort
    Reliabilty
    Looks
    Road noise
    Handling
    Interior
    MPG
    0-60
    Practicality
    Looks

2. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Given we're a group of Honda enthusiasts it'll be hard to find members able to give you finite details on various aspects of the Avensis and Mazda 6.

There's a deep-seeded hatred for the Mazda 6 on this board in general, we'll all be biased :Laughing: We've had a few "heated" debates in the past, have a search around the site, general consensus seems to be that it feels cheap. But I can't personally speak to it more than that.

The Avensis by all accounts is a solid refined car, boring to drive with little tactile feedback, but reliable as Toyota's generally are. There's no performance models, with both the 2.2 Type-S and 2.4 i-VTEC putting it to shame - I wouldn't drive one personally, but they are a solid for a dependable car (IMO).

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't know about the latest generation but I recently drove a 08 Avensis as I was doing some work on it and instantly I missed the quality feel of the Accord. The Avensis (1.8 litre) felt underpowered and the looks, both Interior and exterior were nothing to wrote home about.

So my 04 plate Accord versus 08 plate Avensis, for me my 04 plate Accord wins hands down.

Moving onto the Mazda 6, again I don't know about the very latest gen but I have owned several of the first gen Mazda 6s. A 2 litre and also the 2.3 sport, when I finally came back to Honda ownership after a few years of owning Mazdas , I wondered why on earth I had stuck with the Mazda 6s for so long when the Accords were much much better cars in terms of quality and refinement. Since that time I'm now in my 7th year of consecutive Accord ownership. Would not even consider a Mazda 6 again as I'm convinced that the latest Accord will still trump the latest Mazda 6 easily.

Oh and I did have problems my Mazda 6s, the 2.3 sport would guzzle oil like it were free and the 2.0 had repeating problems with going through aux belt tensioners in no time at all.

Across a decade of Honda ownership and 7 Honda, good few hundred thousand miles between them I've yet to do anything other routine maintenance.

That's my 2 pennith on the topic, hope it helps you.

5. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is the 8th generarion accord made in japan?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It is yes.