Tyres & Wheels 2008 accord i- ctdi veering to left

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jonny farrell, Thursday 15th Nov, 2012.

1. jonny farrell Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi guys my customers 2008 accord I-CTDI keeps veering to the left. i have had 4 wheel alignment done twice in different place and changed wheels from 17" sport wheels to 16" exec wheels , brakes not sticking , nothing seems bent , we sell a lot of these cars and i know some of these are sensitive to camber of the road but this one seems a bit excessive any help or cure would be really appreciated.:Thumbup:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Any record (or signs) of it being an accident repaired vehicle ?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Check front cross member and all it bolts,if this car has had a clutch change the cross member may not have been nipped up or torqued up.I have seen cars with cross member bolts sheared off and they have not bothered to remove the broken threads or replace the broken bolt.

Secondly feel four tyres with your hand and feel for uneven wear no amount of alignment can fix worn tyres :Wink:

4. jonny farrell Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks ichiban thats interesting about the crossmember must check that. regarding the tyres there is 4 new tyres on the standard 17" sport wheels and i had already changed the wheels to 16" exec wheel the car still went towards the ditch. thanks for the info :Thumbup:
    - - - Updated - - -
    no everything seems original , i have put wisbones in them before from been driven up on kerbs too fast but we measured up everything on this one and it seems straight
    - - - Updated - - -
    sorry second reply was meant for speedygee

5. jonny farrell Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

problem solved the car had come from the uk with 4 brand new marangoni tyres which i tought were a reasonable tyre. we changed the 2 front tyres to a budget brand and hey presto problem solved. the marangoni tyre when off had a very hard sidewall and was a heavy tyre to lift and was not a runflat. i knew some Accords with 17" wheels were sensitive to tyres but this had a ridiculous pull on the car thanks for the help.:Thumbup:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of them good the issue is resolved.