Body, Paint & Styling 2009 Accord Tourer ES GT mudflaps.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by George3001, Thursday 26th Feb, 2015.

1. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom George Stewarton
    Hi I am new to the forum and have just bought a 2009 Accord Tourer ES GT. Can you tell me if the genuine OEM mudflaps fit okay as I have noticed there is a slight difference on the ES GT side skirts?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mudflaps were not designed to be fitted with side skirts as the skirts take up the area and you won't have any mounting points. Also sporty cars look naff with mudflaps unless you doing super special stage of rally.

3. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your help.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @George3001 there's an unwritten rule on the site, if anyone brings up mud flaps - @Ichiban, will tell you how much he hates them.

5. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lol sorry won't happen again. Please accept my apologies.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    :forgiven:

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got mudflaps on my Accord :PullFaces::trampoline::lol:

I always spec them on a car yes they might look naff but when you drive on Northumberland roads - aka a constant gravel blasting for your sills and lower doors - it keeps the stone chips down hopefully. :neo:

8. George3001 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That was the reason I thought about getting them John.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @George3001 Welcome to Honda Karma, I see you have already met @Ichiban, he's an anti-mudflap-ist :Grin:

John Dickson likes this.
  10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello @George3001 sorry for not saying :welcome: to HK didn't realise you were new but if I read your post properly I would have - too busy bringing up mud flaps on my car just for a laugh.

Looking forward to seeing you ES GT so pop her in the club garage when you get a chance.

The side skirts should extend under the sills yes they'll still chip but at least it's plastic and not metal getting chipped.

7th Generation Accords all had plastic sills so they wouldn't rust if they got chipped (I scraped the underside of one of mine :Blushing:) not sure why they dropped that idea for the 8th Generation and also the fully plastic lined rear wheel arches. Was a great idea.

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@George3001
    The ES GT can only take rear mudflaps due to the side skirts.
    I've had mudflaps on most of my cars. I've left them off my Accord this time, just to see if I really need them.