ICE & HFT 2009 CR-V Audio Input: PCMCIA/CompactFlash

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by KENQW, Sunday 13th Jan, 2013.

1. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    My CR-V audio system takes one CD and a PC card which the dealer tells me is a PCMIA-2.1 card. Having scoured the internet and eventually purchasing a PCMIA ATA adapter card for Compact Flash I find the Sat Nav will not close.
    Has anyone experience of this and recommend a solution. The dealer doesn't sell the appropriate card for the unit - can't think why when they fit the system!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can see a wiki document coming up, I think Honda Europe went about the the deployment of flash cards the wrong way and there is a lot of confusion still with Civic hybrid and CR-V owners. Now that Honda have USB ports and ipod and other mp3 player connectivity this technology is dead and buried,added with the fact you can only be supported to 1GB shows the limitation of the deployment you can use bigger memory but may have hit and miss reliability.

The only thing which will work in your CR-V is a Compact Flash (CF) Card and adapter like this one SANDISK COMPACT FLASH PC ADAPTER: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics, however Honda only recommends cards up to 1GB SanDisk 1GB CF CompactFlash Memory Card - Free Shipping

CRV PC Card slot Information.
    Compact Flash (CF) Card and adapter..

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Great info as always CJ :Thumbup:

4. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Great thanks, I have bought a Trancend PC card adapter and 4G compact flash card.Unit recognizes it and says no music. Just need to load with music and see what happens.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Will let you know how I get on!

7. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Used a 6 in 1 card reader to copy files from my computer to the CF card and it all works a treat. Thanks again for great help and feedback.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Loading CF Card...struggling...can you advise?

Hi all,
    Have bought a 4GB CF card, and adapter, to fit some music into my 3rd Generation PC card slot, just as many others have, but I am struggling to load the card. Online advice says it's simple, but I can't seem to drag and drop as I apparently can to move music. I am not good at computers, and have a laptop running W7, my music is on itunes and the card is connected via a USB plug in reader.
    Anyone guide me through in words of one syllable?? !

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Loading CF Card...struggling...can you advise?

Moving this thread to an existing thread :Wink:

11. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Why have I been moved? I want to know how to load my card from iTunes, and that is not the subject of this thread ??? Also why did you say only a 1GB card will work when it seems a bigger one will work....very confused????

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

First find your music on itunes

Where are my iTunes files located?

Open the SD card storage then copy the music from the itunes location to the SD card

You can copy and paste files with your mouse.

13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    1GB limit? Damn. I've got a whole load of 16GB CF cards left over after selling all my pro camera gear.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Ordered a Transcend adapter from Amazon yesterday and picked it up today. Working a treat with my 8GB Sandisk CF card :Smile:

I heard using an SD adapter won't allow the screen to close but the Transcend works perfectly. Loving it as my CDs are all scratched and so much easier than CDs rolling about making noise.

DeviateDefiant and Nels like this.
  15. Blackpool1974 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    I don't think it's necessarily a problem reading the cards, it's usually that the Stereo can only read a certain number of folders so having a large sized card over 4gb for example is a waste.

But I will be happy to be proved wrong

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That makes sense @Blackpool1974, my 7th Generation Accord's aftermarket SD reader is exactly the same. 99 tracks per folder with a limit of 6.

17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland