Suspension, Steering and Brakes 2009 Honda Accord rear brake issues

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Sunday 6th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The 2009 8th Generation accord had seen case of owners reporting abnormal sound and wear. the affected models were the saloon chassis code CU1, CU2, CU3 and tourer CW1, CW2, CW3.

Please not this is only applicable to 2009 models only and not all 2009 are affected so please list your symptoms here in the below format so we can assist.

• Brake Noise

When braking?
    All the time?

• Type of noise?
    Grating, rubbing, squeaking?

Reduced Brake performance?

Handbrake performance? how many click to full engagement ?
    Foot brake pedal feel?

• Visual appearance of brake disc?
    please attach pictures of the disc wear in macro mode so we can have a look at the offending disk closer.

If you have already stripped the brake pads if you can include pictures of the pad too.
    • Judder / Vibration?

Example Pictures note these are from a 7th Generation tourer.

cm2hsocooaclahcahhvkf.

cm2hsocooaclahcahvhjkvjkvkdxjojv.

cm2hsocooaclahcahhvkf.

Last edited: Sunday 6th Nov, 2011
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: 2009 rear brake issues

Winters are coming and our discs rust like crazy make sure your brakes are serviced cleaned and lube for the onslaught.

I am going top predict we are in for a super mild winter this year.

3. SweAccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have really noisy back brakes (of course well served), and whenever i use the handbrake, then drives, i lift the handle 3 clicks and hear a BANG one time. like the caliper is failing. Maybe this is a problem that can be solved... I've been worried bout the wires...

4. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When i bought the car i reported on the forum a sporadic squeaking noise, which took a while to finally figure out but it was the rear calipers sticking. Only figured it out when one day i got home and i could feel the heat coming off the back wheel, so once the sticking caliper issue was fixed, the squeak never came back....

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Big RON , sorry for being direct when was the last time prior to your brake pads were sticking\squeaking were the rear brakes stripped, cleaned, inspected and lubed?

All cars need yearly strip and clean regardless what mileage you do in our wet environment... if you don't do it yearly then you will encounter the issues as you have outlined.

6. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The squeak and sticking caliper happened shortly after I purchased the car so can't for sure say when previous owner had done what you ask, obviously not that recent I guess. ...

Last edited: Sunday 13th Oct, 2013