General 2010 CR-V France

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by RogerrRam, Tuesday 28th Apr, 2015.

1. RogerrRam New Member Getting Started

France Roger Bordeaux
    Hi,
    Just bought our new Honda in France-Handbook in French of course. Anyone know where I can get one in English?
    Also the sat-nav comes on automatically-anyone know how I can stop this-apologies for daft question-sure it's easy when you know how?
    Thanks,
    Roger

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Roger, Welcome to HK, You could get prices for a OM from a French dealer or if you have contact here you can get a price and compare which works best for you.. or look at ebay uk search for Honda-Handbooks.

Like this

As for sat nav which one do you have? DVD or SSD.

RogerrRam likes this.
  3. RogerrRam New Member Getting Started

France Roger Bordeaux
    Thanks Ichiban.

I'll ask the dealer to get me one. We home-less & living in our Hymer over here pending being able to move into our new home here whenever-maybe May, maybe June-no one seems to know.

The sat-nav has a DVD & what looks like a slot inside the facia for some sort of card, but bigger than SD. The handover yesterday was useless since our salesman is on holiday for 2 weeks & the receptionist did it!

The sat-nav was driving me mad 'cos unbeknown to me it was set to avoid motorways & since we wanted to get back to our site ASAP, were using TomTom app on my phone to use the motorway=constant contrary instructions! Absolutely love the car to bits-just want to get niggles sorted e.g. aerial missing so have ordered one from Amazon.fr together with a Haynes manual.

Thanks,

Roger

4. RogerrRam New Member Getting Started

France Roger Bordeaux
    Just been having a further play-when the engine is started there is a warning screen on the sat-nav & if I don't tap the 'Agree' button next is the option to turn it off that I want. I'd like 'off' to be the default but I'll have to find how to set that.

I've emailed the supplying dealer asking for a manual & sat-nav instructions in English.

Thanks,

Roger

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted Rog , please do post picture of your French spec CR-V.

6. RogerrRam New Member Getting Started

France Roger Bordeaux
    IMG_3339.
    Hi,

Here it is-a beautiful car for us.

I've not got a Haynes Manual that is useless since it doesn't mention the sat-nav system. I've found the bit in the Navigation System that describes the commands in French for the audio & the sat-nav. But when I press the button on the steering wheel & say 'What time will we arrive' for instance it just tells me what time it is! Obviously recognising 'time' but not the rest-I guess there are lots of ways of translating those questions in French to what it will recognise in English.

Our only transport had been our 6.7M Hymer that was very tricky on some of the very narrow roads as most drive very fast down the middle! The Honda is easy to manouvre & has restored my pleasure in driving over here.

I'm currently checking out a Navigation Manual with an eBay seller & hope that will give me the English instructions I need.

Roger

Ichiban likes this.