Aftermarket Kit 2010 EX CR-V Towbar fitting

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by jamtin01, Thursday 27th Jun, 2013.

1. jamtin01 New Member Getting Started

Does anyone know if there is a built in connector for 13pin tow bar electrics or do i have to splice into the lighting loom (if so what is the location)

cheers

james

2. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    As far as I know the Honda tow bar electrics plug into the loom.

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Genuine electrics use an adaptor harness that just plugs in the existing multiplugs. Going down the non gen route yes to have the splice into the wireing. Remove both side boot trims to access them.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I just love plug and play solution however I do enjoy soldering and heat shrinking too, but for perfect electrics adaptor harness for the win all day any day.

5. jamtin01 New Member Getting Started

As i have all ready bought the non gen electrics can i just buy the connector and attach it this (then do the plug and play thing)?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have seen custom Honda harness connectors are available in the states where people make custom harness for their race cars.

or you can return the non gen electric for a refund?

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    If you make a nice job of it there is nothing wrong with fitting a non gen wiring set up. Just make sure you take a good gauge feed from the battery to the rear rather than using the 12v socket feed already in the boot. Otherwise the hazards won't work on the trailor with the ignition off etc.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am in the process of updating Robbie and the forum the fiasco we had to get his 12v feed to the caravan and to his fridge. This has been formally been addressed by Honda on the 4th Generation CR-V

I have to applaud Honda to quickly and proactively address this issue which is discussed in detail in the CR-V section.

Its another collaboration with us and Honda they have got to the bottom of this this issue and resolved it.:Happy:

Extremely happy with that! Robbie you did well to stick in too.:Wink: