Daily Driver 2011 2.0 i-VTEC saloon

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by i-DSI, Thursday 27th Dec, 2012

1. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi guys,
    Greets from Belgium. Happy (car-)Honda driver since 2009, Honda MC-driver since 1998.
    Both my wife and I drive an identique Civic 5DR 1.4 I-DSI 2008 (FK1, petrol).
    I'm completely new to Accord. Just thinking about buying one second hand. A 1 year old 2.0 i-VTEC, 65.000 kms (03/2011). Think it's a YM 2010, or even 2009.
    Joined this forum to try to find out some stuff. Would buy such a car for the fun of the engine.
    Grts,
    I-DSI

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey and Welcome to AOC,:Hey:if you are looking for an economical and fun to drive car the 2.0 liter 8th Generation is the ticket.

You are already accustomed to the super smooth I-DSI the Accord 2.0 will be rewarding thru the rev range and being a smile to your face. There are no long term issues on the 2.0 other than normal routine servicing.

Please do upload picture of your FK1's.

3. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    The car I'm interested in, is a 2011 YM according to the VIN (...0BC...)! I doubted because it's in Buran Silver, no Bluetooth build-in (but as Honda Access afterbuild in this car) and I thought this colour was only pre-2011 and Bluetooth HFT was standard from 2011 onwards on Elegance?! It has the compact navi
    Next week is decision time.
    Ichiban-Honda: the I-DSI engine is indeed supersmooth and extremely economical. I love it more than the 100 BHP 1.4 i-VTEC! But... there's no fun revving the I-DSI-engine and you do miss the power sometimes. Accelerating 0-100 kmh takes a whopping 14,8 seconds!! This is my personal best and matches 100% the official data. I have the Torque app on my Android phone, so real measuring is possible.

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Salut, pour la vrai joie de vivre vous devez acheter le 2.4. :Wink:

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Why do you speak French to me, Sayama? I live in Belgium :Whistle:.
    Sure I would like to drive a 2.4, but for going fast I still have the other Honda. And I drive hardly 11 to 12000 kms/year. Insurance, registration and road tax are skyhigh once you go for the 2.4 (and don't forget fuel). And for such a low mileage... even an Accord 2.0 is 'to good'. At this moment, 2.4 is no option. Registration only e.g. is several 1000's of euro's (think around 2.500 even for secondhand).

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Decision is made: I own an Accord. Don't drive her yet, still at the dealership. I will first sell one of my Civics.
    So it's a 2011 modelyear, first registration March 2011, 65.000 kms, 4drs, 2.0 i-VTEC, Elegance trim, with 2 Honda accessories: compac nav and Bluetooth HFT and one option: metal paint (Buran silver). Previous owner drove her (almost only...) on highways.

7. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Did you really just welcome @i-DSI after two years Micky? :Laughing:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Apparently.
    But anyhow: thanks !!!

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well as CJ would say I'm the old man of the club so it must be erm what's it called I can't remember:Messed:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Must mean them alcoholes.

MickyB likes this.
  13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Altzopops:beer

14. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I am looking forward to seeing your new sports grill when it is painted to match.

16. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Me to! In combination with the Delta wheels :Wink:

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

May I ask you a question?
    Do you find the R20A3 engine delivers enough power for you in your day to day use?
    I'm not the type of driver that races around, but I do like to be able to cruise comfortably on the motorway and overtake when needed in a safe controlled manner.

18. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    My previous Honda was a Civic 1.4 I-DSI producing a poor 84 (?) BHP. Compared with that the 2.0 is a dream. But being honest: if you want power you need to rev the 2 liter engine, and for overtaking you need to shift down 1 or 2 gears. But I don't mind, because overtaking in daily traffic does not happen that much and it is a very economical engine in low gears. I drive in 6th gear at 1500 RPM, very comfortable... And the gearbox is very good! A pleasure to go through.
    And overtaking is a wonderfull when shifting down 1 or 2 gears... goes like a rocket at 5000 RPM. Very happy with this engine. I did drove the 2.2 diesel a lot and it's much more sensible for the gear you're in. A bit to low in revs and the vibrations are everywhere. A bit to high in revs and the power is gone. The only backside of the 2.0 is no power in low revs (between 1500 and 3000 RPM).
    In my current job I do drive a huge amount of miles/year and I do love the reliability of a simple, classic Japanese petrol engine that will never let you down.

Nels likes this.
  19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thank you for that. I have been spoilt by my diesel as she has lots of torque. However that isn't everything. I do miss the quiet petrol engines that Honda make. Additionally, I do not make as many long journeys so a diesel, especially the newer ones with DPFs are not right for me.

Your CU1 will look so different with the sports grill and 18" Deltas. Something to look forward to after Christmas.

20. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Ichiban likes this.