Facelift Model 2011 Facelift worth the extra?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by RussJ, Sunday 4th Nov, 2012.

1. RussJ Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,
    Just joined and am in need of some advice.
    I'm looking to buy an Accord Tourer auto in Ex spec.
    Is it worth paying the extra for a post 2011 facelift car or would I be better to get a low mileage 2010 car and save some cash?
    The specs don't seem to have changed much over the years.

All advice gratefully received.

Russ

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 21st Mar, 2014
  3. RussJ Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the detailed info on the changes.
    I appreciate its my decision but what I need is advice as to whether the changes were really worthwhile or just marketing hype.
    I hoped there was someone out there who had owned both so could give a comparison.
    Russ

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As Zoran says it's a subjective thing - only you can decide whether these particular changes are worthwhile to you.

Personally I think it is worthwhile going for facelift versions because there will no doubt have been other behind the scenes component changes to resolve issues arising on the pre-facelift version.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Are you looking at petrols or diesels by the way?

5. RussJ Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm after a diesel...

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guessing you need diesel for the mileage?

If so, going for a newer car is pointless as it will lose value faster, where as a 2010 will have already depreciated - and if the latter is low miles as well, it makes sense to go for that PLUS you save cash as well.

Aside from the minor technical unseen tweaks, apart from the front headlight and bumper treatment, which are "old" as they come directly from the Acura TSX (just "new" to us on this side of the pond!), the 8th Generation is pretty much identical in most guises and specs.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    From a financial viewpoint I would concur with Saj's comments to get you making bang out of your buck you have to lean towards prefacelift car.

Now if you plan to keep the car for a longer time the refinement in the facelift model is more than the superficial exterior upgrades , the changes under the bonnet and over dynamics has changed ever so subtly for the better. So weigh up your options better dynamics, better ride and sound insulation more hotfixes applied than Microsoft operating system.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Surely not CJ .. that would take some doing Lol

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah you right:Blushing: it could have been phrased better in and use apple patching regime which is once in a blue moon.