Optional Extras 2013 CR-V Accessories

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Thursday 21st Feb, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Honda website doesnt list any new accessories for the CR-V (as far as I can see?) - is there any sports/aero bumper kit available for the 4th Generation as there was on the 3rd Generation?

If so, can someone post up image(s)?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The Honda CR-V brochure shows different bumpers as part of some pack or other. Just saw it at the dealer where I ordered some bits and bobs.

Last edited: Thursday 21st Feb, 2013
  3. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have you seen the Honda CR-V accessory site?

It shows the various packs. Click on the reveal button to see the options and the arrow button to step through the packs.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks!

Hadnt seen that.

Still, disappointed that there arent any aero-style bumpers as seen on the 3rd Generation. :Search:

5. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is also a sort of animated version of the same material:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks RichT, appreciate it :Thumbup:

7. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi DarkKnight,
    Tempted of trading in for a CR-V ? Just waiting for the right spoilers?

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes I am very much in the market for a CR-V. Just not convinced whether to get a late 3rd Generation or a new 4th Generation.

A bit put off by the plastic trim around the lower edges of the new 4th Generation, hence wondering if any alternate (OEM) bumpers exist :Thumbup:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I take it you haven't seen this yet The Launch of the 4th Generation Honda CR-V scroll down you have some idea of the packs and accessories.

4th Generation CR-V accessories will be uploaded as time goes into wiki.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 29th Mar, 2014
  10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks CJ, seen them now thanks to the earlier link posted by RichT.

Very gutted if those are the Aero-bumpers. Look tame compared to the outgoing 3rd Generation, which were far more aggressive and dominant-looking. Decisions....

11. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    As promised in other threads, piccies of my recently added Tailgate Spoiler and Oval Tail Pipe finisher.

Phil

002.JPG 005.JPG

DeviateDefiant, Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I quite like that Tail pipe garnish :GoodJob:

13. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Makes all the difference doesn't it? There is a choice of either round or oval. Round is £75 (fitted). Oval £65 (fitted)

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It does tidy up the rear end for sure:GoodJob:

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats the same piece I am having fitted to mine when its in for a service in a few weeks time :Niceone:

16. Lone Star Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does the rear spoiler have any effect on the amount of dirt that finds it's way onto the rear screen and boot lid, or is it purely for decorative purposes?

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Makes no difference. Still accumulates global gunk. Its not that big an overhang really to have any effect. Still, looks amazing though - I have seen a couple of CR-V's without spoilers and they look "naked" and make me cringe....its like, why spend all that money on a car an NOT add it?! Its like a pizza without tomato/cheese!

18. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It makes it look too 'oriental' for my taste.

19. Lone Star Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks DK, I was hoping that it might affect the airflow enough to keep the rear a bit cleaner. Five miles on a wet road tends to make the back end look like it's not been washed for months.:Frown:

I agree that the spoiler improves the appearance, whether it improves it enough to justify the cost is maybe a decision I'll leave until I buy my next one!

20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sadly I don't know the individual cost of the spoiler as mine was factored in as part of my deal when I bought the car - but yes, I agree, a few miles of driving on even mildly damp weather makes the entire back end of the car look like its had a mud bath!

The only saving grace of the rear end of the CR-V is that it is relatively flat so makes it a doddle to clean. One tip I can give you is this: I always use Autoglym HD wax - three or four solid coats of that on the rear makes a massive difference once cleaned. Even when it gets dirty, all it takes is a quick rinse and the whole back end is a smooth as a baby's botty.