Guides 2013 CR-V Genuine Honda Illumination Pack Accessories

CR-V 10- [RM1, RM2, RM4 & RE6]

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ichiban submitted a new resource:

2013 CR-V Genuine Honda Illumination Pack Accessories - CR-V 10- [RM1, RM2, RM4 & RE6]

Read more about this resource...

2. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Are they really worth to pay Honda £420 for few LED lights?
    I don't think so ,can't wait for a aftermarket kit at reasonable prices or I can make it myself out of led streep lights.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have this fitted to my car - makes a great deal of difference. However, mine were as part of the deal with the car as opposed to buying them separately. Suppose it depends when/how you buy the optional packs etc to see if the make financial sense.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    £420 is maxiumum retail get the discount form HH and fit them yourself ! save on labour cost.Addtionally the genuine accessories come with the best intsruction in the world and you can easily do it.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was a lazy git.

But in some ways, its better to get these accessories, if you are buying a new car, at the point of ordering so you don't have to pay the sting later. Thats my thought anyway...

6. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    To ones who have a EX CR-V and haven't got footwell lights ,do not pay the dealers to install them because they are already there just blanked off.
    All you need is an 8mm drill bit to open the holes on the blanks.
    Why Honda didn't do that at the beginning ,is out of my mind!!!!

WP_000591. WP_000590.

Bomber209, Toggerefc and Ichiban like this.
  7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All EX models have the front footwell lights - they have a piece of plastic covering them which "tones down" the light somewhat.

Rather ironically, I have the rear footwell lights fitted and they are as bright as day - no covering on them at all!

Toggerefc likes this.
  8. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    No DK,on my car they were covered completely,I thought there wasn't any lights at all until opened up to check.

Toggerefc likes this.
  9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh right - seems the factory either used too much plastic or didnt take enough off.

I'd like to change the front/lower door card LEDs from blue to white - just don't have the energy at present to swap them out.

10. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Mines an SR model which also has 'ambient lighting', if you can call it that. The Puddle lights are fine but the rest, especially the one by the rear view mirror, don't seem to do very much at all. Do you think I have a piece of plastic covering toning them down as well?

I've no rear footwell lights at all - or do I?

Ta

Phil

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rear footwell lights are only part of the illumination pack Phil - which also includes the exterior puddle lights and illuminated door sills, front and rear as well as lighting in the front door cards where you can store water bottles etc

See the top link for the images. :Niceone:

12. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Cheers TDK, but the top link has the lights glowing. Mine are dim, dim, dim.

I shall have a look around the door pockets and footwells to see if anything is restricting the light

Phil

13. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    And my Puddle lights are blue.............

14. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    They are not the puddle lights that DK is talking.The puddle lights are installed under the car below the centre door column and they are white.As the last picture on the link.
    DK can you take a picture of the puddle lights please?

15. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent

Leonard

Nice post, I hope:Niceone:

Does this mean that the holes my ambient lighting comes through should be 8mm? If so I have a bit of Dremmeling to do as mine are nowhere near that

Phil

16. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Thanks Phil ,I just trying to help others from another Honda rip off.
    You can judge the hole size yourself when you take the light support of the panel ,but 8mm hole was enough .
    The led itself is very tiny.

Toggerefc and Phil P like this.
  17. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
  18. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Anybody out there with ambient lighting in a 4th Generation CR-V in the front that actually shines as brightly as the advert?

If so, I'm back to Honda. Actually I'm going back to Honda soon as my wife's Civic is due an MOT and service. Whilst being done I will ask the salesmen to show me the ambient lighting in their forecourt used 2013 CR-V's to see if any better

Phil

19. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
  20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes I'll get some pics up this evening for you if thats ok?

I'll get pics of the whole illumination pack so you can see what it entails :Niceone:

Toggerefc likes this.