Tyres & Wheels 2013 Honda Accord Saloon and Tourer Tyre Recommendations

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 17th Apr, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda have released 2013 Honda Accord Saloon and Tourer tyre recommendation this will give guidance to Accord owners which tyre and rating to go for the best performance.
    2013 Honda Accord Saloon & Tourer Japan1 AOCUK. 2013 Honda Accord Saloon & Tourer Japan2 AOCUK.

Chassis Index

CU1 = Saloon 2.0 i-VTEC
    CU2 = Saloon 2.4 i-VTEC
    CU3 = Saloon 2.2 I-DTEC
    CW1 = Tourer 2.0 i-VTEC
    CW2 = Tourer 2.4 i-VTEC
    CW3 = Touere 2.2 I-DTEC

2. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Be interested to know if any changes in suspensions, speedo & mileometer settings with different tyre/wheel sizes for a particular model? Somehow I doubt it & Honda probably fit tyres on which they currently get best deal.

Whenever I have asked Honda UK a technical question they refer me back to my dealer which I do not consider satisfactory. Does the Honda Accord UK users club have a direct line back to Honda technical department in Japan?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes they cause a difference on the speedo,different tyres and rim sizes can have effect on speedo use this tool to gauge the differences when you play with tyres,additionally have a look at these threads to see what other factors stop you also.

Tyres & Wheels - Honda Accord tyre size ,selecting the correct tyre for your car • Honda Karma
    Tyres & Wheels - New European Union Tyre\Tire Labels • Honda Karma

I would also urge to have a proper look in all the section as this topics has been discussed at length.

Additionally tyres recommendation are not purely on cost but the best compromise under (dead link removed by staff) the generalisation tyres are chosen purely based on cost and bulk deals is incorrect.

Honda UK are correct to refer you to the dealers as they don't have a front facing technical team..have you spoken to your dealer to get their view on it ?what information you find here will be available at dealers.

can I ask where you leading with this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 15th Feb, 2015
  4. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is a very good information. Not sure if there is any for the older version of accord?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah sure for the 7th Generation I will crack on ! :Smile:

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi,
    I just bought 4 Dunlop SP Sport 230 tyres as mounted OEM (see overview). Not mounted yet on my car.
    Does anybody have experience with these tyres (mounted as OEM) from brand new?
    I now still have the OEM Bridgestone Turanza ER370 tyres mounted.
    Size: 16 inch 205/60
    Might still take 6 to 12 months before I need them but eager to get some first hand information.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You know what I-DSI you may be the only ES car owner on here I have not seen another another one even a diesel one. So can't comment on Dunlop I too have Bridgestone Turanza on my EX and they are ok not for my liking when pushed but excellent ride noise and fuel efficiency.

I am big fan of Yokohama tyres I would go for advans when i go 18 I hate the Yokohama c drives thou they are useless tyres for performance well c drives version 1.

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    ? You mean I could be the only one on this forum with 16 inch wheels on a 2008 Accord 4D ? Sounds unbelievable.
    I'm not familiar with 'ES'. Continent has 5 trim levels: S - Comfort - Elegance - Executive and S-type.
    Both Comfort and Elegance come standard with the 16 inches. 17 is an option or integrated in a pack. Executive has 17 as standard, but Executive is the highest trim level. TypeS has 18 inches standard.
    Needles to say: over here the 16 inch Accords are as common as the 17 inch Accords. 17 inches came with some popular packages on the Elegance, but I don't have such a pack. It includes HID, 17 inch and parking sensors as most important items.

Edit:
    2.4/180 BHP diesel engine is only available in Executive and S-type
    Added a fifth level: S. Never seen this in real live.

Last edited: Saturday 20th Apr, 2013
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes matey there may be owners in the wings with a ES but they have not come forward. The Es was the only accord on the 8th Generation with a 16 inch wheels.

10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Well, Ichiban, the 16 inch rims are very comfortable! I know people who have the 17 inch on their Accord, but for wintertyres they bought 16 inch rims and it's like another car: quiter, smoother, more comfortable... And that's not only due to the softer winter rubber.
    Sure, the 17 inches corner better. And I admit that also myself would like to have 17 inches from time to time to cut corners. But once the roads get a bit worser I'm so happy to have the 16 inches.
    It really surprices me that 16 inches are rather rare in UK.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    To be honest mate UK owners have a fascination like the cousins across the pond for bigger better things .. Nobody wants to have smaller wheels. Dealers drop the upgrade to 17 inch wheel at a small price, so the wheels are swapped at Avonmouth centre at PDI shipping the car to the dealers.

12. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Interesting... Over here in Serbia every Accord Elegance before the 2011 restyle came with 17's with Bridgestone Turanza ER370, but no HID...